Sponsored by:

Just because i like this pic

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
hey Jumper, it's called personalizing the car. It's not a fake silver badge, in fact the badges are manufactured and distributed with the permission of Porsche Cars North America and Porsche A.G. by Ralph Boothe. They in fact have a porsche part number on them.

Silver just looks better on some colors (and to some people). The gold on the wrong color car reminds me (and I suppose others) of those people that select the "gold" package when ordering their new car so that they get their new Benz, etc. with gold badges, numbering, and drum roll please........HOOD CREST!

Once again it comes to down to personal preference and have a unique car...not fake. Now rebadging your C2 a GT3, now THAT is fake my friend.
You just got to love this forum...I see another can of worms being opened. LOL!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:15 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Titanium? Not Platinum? Maybe encrusted with diamonds Now that would win the bling factor award
Old 04-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Titanium? Not Platinum? Maybe encrusted with diamonds Now that would win the bling factor award
Speaking about diamonds...I read somewhere that some rather rich individual is having their Porsche covered in diamonds and Swarovski crystal...I just read that but I don't remember where. Its supposed to take two years to complete in Switzerland. Did I dream this or did anybody else see it as well? Lee might be interested in that mod.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:29 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JimPDX
You just got to love this forum...I see another can of worms being opened. LOL!!!
Guys, I may have started opening the "can of worms" when I asked someone to explain the Silver thing! It really WAS an innocent question! I was not trying to pit GOLD against SILVER. Getting everyone's "panties in a wad" over the color of the crest is just not worth it! Remember, we are all here because we have one thing in common... WE LOVE PORSCHE CARS!!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
Guys, I may have started opening the "can of worms" when I asked someone to explain the Silver thing! It really WAS an innocent question! I was not trying to pit GOLD against SILVER. Getting everyone's "panties in a wad" over the color of the crest is just not worth it! Remember, we are all here because we have one thing in common... WE LOVE PORSCHE CARS!!!!
You're right!
Old 04-26-2005, 09:06 PM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim,

The deal is the diamonds go on the wife. Anyway, to go back to my earlier point about "judgment":

It's fundamentally insane to buy a p-car when basic affordable reliable transportation is available in your favorite Japanese champagne-colored lozenge. Having cut the moorings from sanity, choice of colors, ride heights, crests, nav systems, etc., is wholly and completely for the pleasure of the aforementioned (insane) owner. Commenting on the validity of any mod or other choice can only reasonably be confined to "I like it", "I hate it", and the gradient in between. Face it, we're all a bunch of wack jobs to begin with, so why would it make any sense to argue?
Old 04-26-2005, 09:24 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm waiting for the titanium crest that will be out in August with the clear bra crest cover option.
My next crest will be made of UNOBTAINIUM!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mundman

screw it - maybe i'll just put my family crest on!!!!!!!

But what colour? Back to the chasing the same tail?
Old 04-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by leedav
Jim,

The deal is the diamonds go on the wife. Anyway, to go back to my earlier point about "judgment":

It's fundamentally insane to buy a p-car when basic affordable reliable transportation is available in your favorite Japanese champagne-colored lozenge. Having cut the moorings from sanity, choice of colors, ride heights, crests, nav systems, etc., is wholly and completely for the pleasure of the aforementioned (insane) owner. Commenting on the validity of any mod or other choice can only reasonably be confined to "I like it", "I hate it", and the gradient in between. Face it, we're all a bunch of wack jobs to begin with, so why would it make any sense to argue?
Well, Lee, OK. I agree...except for two things: 1.) no clear bras (unless Demi Moore, Pam Anderson and Jenna Jamison are wearing them); and 2.) Dell isn't a wack job. Dell is normal.

Jim
Old 04-26-2005, 10:33 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mundman
UNOBTAINUM!!! Now that's GREAT!!

Wasn't that originally "mined" in ATLANTIS?!?! No wonder it's so hard to find!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:37 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Damm i am so good at starting ****, i dont even mean too....I posted the pic because i liked it, gold ,silver..... who cares, at least it says Porsche.... I mean come on ppl we are all part of a rare bread , the bread that has the f%$cking crest, that says more then the name of the car, its says I have a passion for cars, and i deserve to drive it.......cant we all just get along?
Old 04-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Mitty
Racer

How about this one? Just how much Ruf equipment do you need to have in order to sport this on your hood?

Link to their site.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

^ funny u should ask. i was thinking the same thing.

i would have 2 say: half a body kit and some engine/suspension parts...otherwise its no better than those benz owners who put AMG on their cars when all they have is a stock C220 on steelies.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:42 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Dell is normal.
Jim
I beg to differ. I'm nowhere near normal. Have you seen my mods recipets for the past year? I need help.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:54 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

I beg to differ. I'm nowhere near normal. Have you seen my mods recipets for the past year? I need help.

You're nuts too. I was just trying to be nice.

Quick Reply: Just because i like this pic