Sponsored by:

JIC CROSS Coilovers installed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 02:32 AM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JIC CROSS Coilovers installed.

If you missed the article in Modified L&E, here it is with picture gallery...

http://vrsm.vividracing.com/index.ph...=Project%20996

Old 04-22-2005, 08:55 AM
ZBlue996Kam
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you sell the adjustable camber plate independently? If so, how much?

I already have the PSS-9 installed but needs more negative camber.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:30 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

I have these installed on my car. I have no pictures of installation, but can post some before/after shots. While I don't have a whole lot to compare too, all I can say is that they transform your car, in a positive way. I should also mention that the car looks so much better lower. What's difficult for me, is that I made so many changes at once, I cannot tell which ones are making the greatest impact. I went from 17 winters to 18" SO2a's, stock suspension and sways to JIC cross and gt3 sways, all at the same time.

That said, when I am not riding over NYC pot holes, I absolutely love the car and the new suspension. I got the softest spring setting and have the rebound set in the middle. I have done absolutely nothing in terms of playing with and tweaking it, so the pot hole issue might very well be alleviated by softening the rebound. On the highway, the car is as tight and nimble as I would like it. There is absolutely no body roll and the porposing and mushy front that used to plagued my car is gone. Further, the under steer is gone and I just love it. I should note that the GT3's are set in the middle.

I have put about 2,500 miles on the car since install and did expect to have 3-4 days of track time by now. However, due to some family and personal issues, I have yet to visit the track. So, I don't have any track feedback, but I suspect that this is where the JIC's will truly excel. Being a little more aggressive some others, and being a little more sensitive to road conditions, a flat track with twists is really the JIC's play ground.

I should also mention that while my 996 is my only car, its really only used on the weekends (live in NY and commute over the Brooklyn Bridge!) and so I guess I cannot call it a true daily driver. That said, I have put about 14,000 miles on her since October.

One thing that people should be aware of for the JIC's is the height/length of rear suspension adjustment points. They are higher than stock, so you will need to cut or drill a bigger hole in the foam to get the carpet flush and stock looking. It's not a big deal, just an FYI.

Finally, I should mention that JIC "custom" tuned these for me. Not really sure what that means, but thats what they said. I assume it has to do with the valving. Further, while others in the auto community have had issues with JIC responsiveness, mine was nothing but positive as a wrong piece was sent with the original order and they overnighted the replacement part to my local shop! I should mention that Vivid might also have been responsible for the responsiveness of JIC.

I apologize for the rambling write up, at some point I will provide a more analytical and complete review.

Chris

For disclosure purposes, I purchased this unit from Vivid. They gave me a good price!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:26 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Sorry JIC does not sell the camber plates seperately.

Thanks Chris!

Quick Reply: JIC CROSS Coilovers installed.