Sponsored by:

Help! Is my clutch gone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 01:06 PM
dmgcfg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Is my clutch gone?

Started up the car this AM and went to put her in reverse to back out of the gararge. As I depressed the clutch pedal, I heard a pop and the clutch stayed at the floor (although I pulled the pedal back to its usual position by hand). A clear liquid began to leak from under the car about 18" behind the left front tire and about a foot in from the side of the car. I assume the clutch is gone and the car is clearly not driveable. My car is under warranty and I have several questions: is this RMS related as I believe I also have an RMS leak (I couldn't get an appointment at the dealer - Danbury (CT) Porsche - until 4/28 for them to check the leak out)? I installed the B&M SSK yesterday. I drove the car a few miles after the install and all was well - any possible connection there to this problem or coincidence? Will the warranty coverage cover the flatbed charges from my house to the dealer (about 5 miles)? Should I post this on Renntech? Any other thoughts? Thanks all!
Chuck
Old 04-17-2005, 01:18 PM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like hydraulic fluid. Maybe broke a line or slave. Better get it flat bedded to dealer. Stop with the RMS shot. It is not an RMS issue in this case nor do the majority of P-cars have any RMS issue. Stop reading these boards or you will be scared to dead by some paranoid members.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:49 PM
dmgcfg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. The RMS reference wasn't a shot. I've got oil oozing from the area where the seal is......

Quick Reply: Help! Is my clutch gone?