Sponsored by:

Question about replacing Carrera logo

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 12:34 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Oggie (on L.I.)
Kevin, since you put the new logo in a different spot than the old one, how did you align it? Did you apply a piece of masking tape along the bottom edge of where the new logo would be placed? How did you get the left-right alignment correct?
Kevin, why did you relocate your badge? Did you like it better lower? Just curious.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Kevin H. in Atl..
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Oggie (on L.I.)
Kevin, since you put the new logo in a different spot than the old one, how did you align it? Did you apply a piece of masking tape along the bottom edge of where the new logo would be placed? How did you get the left-right alignment correct?
Oggie,
I measured everything, then used small bits of blue painters tape to locate the badge.
Dell,
I had noticed that '02 & later cars had the badge located on the lower surface. This seems, to my eye, to be the more correct spot for the badge.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:53 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mundman
THESE GUYS ARE GOOD--REAL GOOD DOn't go to these guys unless you wantto spend a bunch of moolah and have the coolest 911 in your neighborhood. Well, I gota go now I'm shopping for suspension parts!
I'M SICK DAMMIT!
mundman - mundman - Thanks for the heads up. You may have given me a way OUT! I already have the "coolest 911 in the neighborhood!" Maybe I'm safe! Unless one of THEM figures out that I have the ONLY 911 in the neighborhood, and if they do, then I'll be inundated with pic after pic of the latest and coolest MODs known to Porsche-kind!

Yea, you're right... I'M DOOMED!
Old 04-17-2005, 11:25 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you got the mod bug Oggie. If nothing else you really should change the hood badge to silver.

Later I'm sure you will think of something else!

Any plans for the Cape this year?
Don
Old 04-18-2005, 09:36 AM
Long Islander
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Don, I've had the mod bug for 4 years now (since the day I bought the car). I've been thinking about this particular mod for 4 years, and I finally decided to do it. I think this is my last mod though -- I can't think of anything else to change. Of course, I could change the gold hood badge to silver, but then, that would mean I'd have to change my gold 928-style wheel crests to silver also. Oh no, here we go again -- I guess the day you're done with your mods is the day you sell the car!

Going to Cape Father's Day weekend again(new tradition). You think we can hook up at the Hyannis Main Street car show? That was a lot of fun last year.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:08 AM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

I vote for debadging that sucker all together... much cleaner lines IMO!!
Old 04-18-2005, 02:57 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Oggie, I'll be around. Do you want to take MISTY to the show, like in participate, or just spectate?

Quick Reply: Question about replacing Carrera logo