WHERE IS THE VIN NUMBER ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 08:21 PM
zappiros
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

aa

Last edited by zappiros; 05-04-2005 at 03:07 AM.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Plan on stripping one for parts?
Old 04-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

You'll find it on many of the car's parts. Why?

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 04-15-2005, 01:22 AM
zappiros
Rennlist Member

You guys got great imagination....I was just curious about it, but I better call Porsche dealer, I think they are real proffesionals people and they for sure will let me know, thanks for nothing anywayAnd by the way I forgot to tell you I need the INFORMATION FOR THE INSURANCE COMPANY...!

Last edited by zappiros; 04-16-2005 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:25 AM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

Oh lighten up, dude.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Kiko
Racer

Whats with your attitude? Wheres your sense of humor? The guys were just kiddin'...

As far as I know (but not sure) is in the trunk lid next to the windshield...

Last edited by Kiko; 04-15-2005 at 08:26 AM. Reason: mistyping
Old 04-15-2005, 11:48 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Why would the insurance company ask YOU for location of VIN #'s? Nice try loser. Don't come posting on this board about where to find VIN numbers without a valid explanation and then get pissed when a few snipets of humor come your way.

First you say you were just curious and then you say insurance needs it. So, what is it?

Something smells fishy here.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:29 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

I think that most cars [at least in the U.S.] have one listed at the base of the windshield on the drivers side of a LHD car...I can't recall if my 996 did but I know my 993 does
Old 04-15-2005, 08:17 PM
zappiros
Rennlist Member

Talking

you are right lvdell, and it is you who smeels, by the way how can I get serious with a guy who owns a datsun...? get a life...
and Thanks to all the serious people who gave real grown up answers!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:55 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh dude you are such a loser. First off, learn to speak English if you are going to be on an English speaking board. Second, what in the world does owning a Datsun have to do with the price of tea in China?

As I have already stated, you can't even get your story straight. First you are just curious then you claim the insurance company needs it......yeah right, considering they have ALL that info already.

Think about all the red flags you have thrown up.

If you ask a stupid question with no qualification as to why, then you are going to get answers as you have in this thread.

As Lee said, lighten up.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:13 PM
zappiros
Rennlist Member

WOW you got some manners.... jejeje , mission acomplish.......... (sorry for my english, it is not my nature language..) by the way what it means trowing flags up...and lighten up...???? Oh by the way looser is with two OO not one, thanks
Old 04-15-2005, 09:43 PM
zappiros
Rennlist Member

sorry I am still laughing By the way I realy don't want to speak english perfect, to old now....I only want to speak god enough to talk to my broker in Miami, and it is so strange because, he always tell me that I speak great english...? Hmmmmmm......., now I know he is just trying to be nice with me, thanks a lot also for this!!! and please post a reply!!!! I need some humor now....jejejejejeje getting worried of refreshing the page......
Old 04-15-2005, 11:14 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 526 Likes on 349 Posts

The insurance company should know this, no?
Old 04-16-2005, 12:15 AM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by zappiros
sorry I am still laughing By the way I realy don't want to speak english perfect, to old now....I only want to speak god enough to talk to my broker in Miami, and it is so strange because, he always tell me that I speak great english...? Hmmmmmm......., now I know he is just trying to be nice with me, thanks a lot also for this!!! and please post a reply!!!! I need some humor now....jejejejejeje getting worried of refreshing the page......
Are you serious??
Old 04-16-2005, 12:58 AM
zappiros
Rennlist Member

OK god enough....! In the US maybe they know it ....., but HERE in Venezuela it is a total different history, and I am going to tell it because I am awake and got some time to relax............. (almost every american I know, and I know a few, thinks that the rest of the world is pretty symple like the US...., and is not, it is pretty different, (ask those guys who travel a lot, and specially the ones who travel to south america they Know for sure...) and south america it is realy, I mean REALY different, so different that most americans won't understand it in a million years, how it works... beleive it!!!!) on one hand you have people with money (a lot of money, oil companies, mining, construction, etc....on the other hand you have very poor people who only earn around 200$ trhu 300$ a month and live in RANCHOS (small houses made of bricks and metal ceilings...) so continuing......Try to explain to a guy who problaby lives in a rancho, and works in a insurance company where he problaby only earns at the most 300$ a month, and he problaby have never ever seen any Porsche so close in his life REMEMBER it is a Insurance company from a small south american country where you have only around 300 or 400 of this cars tottaly and only 10% of them are insured (it is not mandatory in this country to have it insured,I do it because here and it only works for me for collision, because this cars are so exentric here that if somebody stealed one(robbed) to take it to Colombia for example, it will problaby get caught inmediatly because there are so few that it is very difficult to hide it...) so, here in Venezuela when you go to the insurance to insured your car, the guy from insurance company take like ten or twenty pictures from the car, and of course he ask you if you can take him a picture with your car so he can placed in his computer desktop......think about it......well then he get a carbon paper (I dont know if in the US you still use it?????? and rub all the serial numbers around the car all around, then he place a masking tape in every serial number secuence, after that he take them all out (of course the number is printed in the masking tape) and he place the tape on the back of the original insurance title, I ask him for what this was neccesary and he replied to me that it was for avoiding insurance fraud from inexisting cars (use your imagination, if the title got the phisical vin numbers printed on a tape, the car realy exist!!!! it is what he explains to me) So if some of you guys remember the PORSCHE 996 got a BIG TRANSPARENT Tape over the VIN number on the front of the trunk and it is impossible for the insurance guy to rubbed with carbon paper because the numbers are protected and the numbers wont get imprinted on the masking tape... remember........SO HE ASK ME IF HE CAN TAKE OFF THE TRANSPARENT PLASTIC OF COURSE I TELL HIM NOT!! AND HE ASK ME IF I KNOW ANOTHER PLACE WHERE THE VIN IS LOCATED WITHOUT THE TRANSPARENT COVER... so he can place take the print (THATS WHY THE HELL I WHERE ASKING ABOUT THE VIN NUMBER GOD D%^^$%$) then I wrongfully is when I make the mistake and ask it on the forum a while ago about it, and nobody replies to me... and I always keep the doubt about it and just ask it again BECAUSE I WAS COURIOS, so if somebody it is not happy with this,it can realy go to %$#%@, I dont care about it, there are a lot of nice guys here, and a lot are not, but anyway I realy enjoy this forum today and it makes me laugh a lot the kid from the datsun...., thanks to everybody and be carefull from everybody who drives an ugly Datsun, have a nice weekend to everybody!!!!!!!!!!! sorry for my spanglish...............

Last edited by zappiros; 05-04-2005 at 03:13 AM.

Quick Reply: WHERE IS THE VIN NUMBER ???