996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Beverly Hills Porsche vs. The Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills, CA

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005 | 10:04 PM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Default Beverly Hills Porsche vs. The Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills, CA

Anyone have any experience with either of these shops? I must admit that I wasn't impressed with the facility, but I know not to judge a book by it's cover.

Logistically, these two dealerships will to be the most convenient for me based on proximity to the commute I'll have when I get settled in LA. Beverly Hills Porsche offers free loaners but the Auto Gallery is closer to my office and offers shuttle service. All things being equal, I'd probably pick Beverly Hills. But I wanted to know if anyone cared to comment on their first hand experience.

As a side comment, I find it interesting to note that I posted a thread asking for dealer reco's in SoCal and no one recommended either of these dealerships.
Old 03-28-2005 | 10:23 PM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Auto Gallery will give you a loaner (I got a Cayenne from then once) if you insist on it.
I do not however recommend them.
They scratched up my HRE's and took forever to complete a simple job.
Old 03-28-2005 | 10:27 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

LiveNupe: My only experience with The Auto Gallery, is the fact that I bought my car there. I haven't used their services since I live far from them. My office is closer to Circle Imports in Long Beach, and they offer loaners there. And besides they treat me like I bought my car there

So when are you officially in town? Remember we have to get together when you're here for a fun run through the Malibu canyons (hopefully they are repaired/cleaned by then from the rain damage)
Old 03-28-2005 | 10:33 PM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

I've started the new job but I won't be here permanently for a awhile yet. I'll be alternating weeks between Dallas and LA until my company finds a replacement for me in Dallas (probably 2-3 months). To answer your question more directly, my car will be here (SoCal) in early May. There are a couple of DE's in Texas during the month of April that I want to check out. After that, I'll have the car shipped to SoCal and I'll be ready for fun runs, DE's, PCA breakfast gatherings, etc. etc. etc. after May 1. I look forward to meeting you.
Old 03-28-2005 | 11:09 PM
riozilla
Instructor

I used to have my car serviced at BH Porsche and overall was not that happy with them. Number one, I always was rotated between Service Advisors as they seemed to have high turnover there. I found the prices to be the highest anywhere in LA and I found communication with me regarding my work to be poor. While my last car was under warranty, they did give me a Porsche loaner (Boxster usually) but when it went out of warranty I had to pay for my own Enterprise rental from them. I also could rarely get a convenient appointment and I found that the traffic and construction on Santa Monica Blvd in West LA where BH Porsche Service is based was always a total zoo to get there in the morning before 9AM and caused me lots of stress.

In my new car, I bought it from Rusnak Thousand Oaks and am going to try and get it serviced there to see how they are even though it is inconvenient to my home and work.. Auto Gallery is actually about 10 miles closer to my house but I'm going to give Rusnak a shot when my first service comes up in about 5K more miles.

I'm always good for a Malibu run (I live right up in the mountains of Topanga) so let me know when anybody wants to hook up.
Old 03-29-2005 | 12:39 AM
ZeeZee
Instructor

I'd buy from Auto Gallery (MUCH cooler, BH really blows). But I'd get serviced at BH, they're actually nicer to deal with than AG, always do little things for me for free...

Quick Reply: Beverly Hills Porsche vs. The Auto Gallery in Woodland Hills, CA