Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

CD Keeps Playing, Display is Blank. Is my Stereo haunted?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 10:55 AM
donkeyman
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Keeps Playing, Display is Blank. Is my Stereo haunted?

I have a '02 Targa with a CR-22 radio/CD with the CD changer in the boot.

Yesterday the display on the CR22 went blank and I couldn't make any adjustments at all, not even switch it off. After I parked the car, turned off the ignition and removed the key, the CD kept playing. The only way I can stop it playing is too remove the CD changer. It's like the stereo has become haunted!

Can anyone give me some guidance as to what has gone wrong. I've searched the forum and even read the manual but am none the wiser. Can the dealer help or do I need to hire an exorcist.

Thanks,

Derek
Old 03-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same thing happen to my alpine.
there was a short in the fuse/wiring that controls the face unit. it is not expensive to fix, but since you can find porsche radio's on the renn forums for like 50 bucks, you might as well just get a new one.

check to see if it isn't just the fuse tho, if its only the fuse, just replace it and ur good to go.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:00 PM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next time it happens try pressing on the detachable face to see if that will get the display to come back. Not the LCD itself but the whole detachable part. Sometimes either the spring that holds the face clipped in will get weak or is broken, or you will get schmegma on the contacts which are on the back of the detachable face. Either of these will result in the radio still playing but giving no display.

Quick Reply: CD Keeps Playing, Display is Blank. Is my Stereo haunted?