996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Audible Notification of Alarm Activation

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 02:41 PM
damant
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting kilrgt, ( especially your 04 has that wire and it doesn't behave accordingly) because this suppose to be a security measure for your stereo head unit ! are you sure that's the wire not in contact with any ground/negative points back there ...

and Leedav, I'm just messing around with you man... i myself arm my baby once in awhile too ( inside the garage) without any good reason :-) ... Daddy got lots o' love for it !
Old 03-17-2005, 06:40 PM
Big6Dad
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with leedav. If Porsche made a simple on off switch, Ie. I O, this would be a simple mod. Just place it in the counsole in one of the blanks (I hate all the blanks, after all I believe that more people have two blanks in the center counsole then have them filled. Yet Porsche will make all kinds of wiring harnesses for different options but not a simple plastic piece....I know a little off topic but thats a pet peeve with me) Then place it in line with the center counsole sensor for the alarm and you could have audible when you want or quiet when you need it more. Any ideas for a source for a simple on off switch, or a switch that has graphics that would match?

Quick Reply: Audible Notification of Alarm Activation