Sponsored by:

H&R coilover modifications

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 04:57 AM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karlooz
do i go to the mercedes dealer service to have it fixed? hmmm..... nope.
I only called Bilstein 'cause I had heard that they manufactured them. I wasn't expecting them to do it for free! I had heard that their facility in San Diego could rebuild them. They quoted me $75 each damper, and then said that if they were H&R, they couldn't work on them. At $75 each, I would have GLADLY paid them to rebuild ALL four.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:12 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Marangoni
I only called Bilstein 'cause I had heard that they manufactured them. I wasn't expecting them to do it for free! I had heard that their facility in San Diego could rebuild them. They quoted me $75 each damper, and then said that if they were H&R, they couldn't work on them. At $75 each, I would have GLADLY paid them to rebuild ALL four.
that does suck! sorry man. that is the same facility i called.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:18 PM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karlooz
that does suck! sorry man. that is the same facility i called.
Yeah, I thought it was ridiculous. But I will probably buy Bilstein products next time around. I mean, I really like the H&R stuff, but customer service is just as important as product performance.

I wish Porsche would use better suspension products in the first place. Their stock stuff is nowhere near track-ready.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:19 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Marangoni
If they go, they had better ALL go, 'cause they'll only repair the one(s) that fail (or so they say - as I still haven't received mine back yet).

I ended up getting a whole new H&R coilover kit from TireRack - they gave me a 'good will' discount. I would have gone with the PSS9, but they're still a bit pricey. I do hate to send any $$$ H&R's way though....

Once I get the old kit repaired, I'm selling it on eBay.
maybe the added expense of the pss9s is worth the peace of mind. you can get them from vivid racing, or from eli at pelican parts for around 2K (both board sponsors).

Quick Reply: H&R coilover modifications