Sponsored by:

Say hi and introduce yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 02:49 PM
stilton_a_cheese
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, my name is Stilton (or Robert?)
I'm 54, and live in Bad Homburg, Germany, however I lived most of my life in North Carolina.
I drive my wife's automobile sometimes ('03 996 Cabrio, Seal, Black Leather).
I have been on the Rennlist for a couple of months now... Learned some useful things here.
I enjoy the wife, our grumpy 16 year old, a good book and a bottle of vino tinto, a good laugh, prawns sauted in olive oil, garlic and chili peppers
I work as a IT consultant
Old 03-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Ekename
Pro

Hi, my name is Tim.
I'm 35 and live in League City, TX (south of Houston).
I'm married with two daughters (3 and 9).
I drive a black 99 C2 which is my first Porsche. I've been on Rennlist for about 3 months and am really grateful for all the good advice and information.
As far as hobbies go I like motorsports, books and cooking as well as spending time with my family.
I am employed as a management (IT) consultant but am currently considering other career opportunities that don't involve a weekly trip to the airport.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:02 PM
W.O.T. Freak
Advanced

Hi, my name is Andre
I'm 26, Live in Sao Paulo City, Brazil
Still single
I drive a 996 C2 Coupe 98 and an Audi S4 Avant
Hobbies are cars (whybenormalracing.com.br), bikes, kitesurfing, running.
Working with Real state and hotels.

Cheers
WOT FREAK
Old 03-15-2005, 06:10 PM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

Andre,

I read that there are 70 linear miles of gridlock in Sao Paolo every afternoon at rush hour...How's your clutch foot?
Old 03-15-2005, 06:22 PM
gonz911
Pro

Marc,

Outstanding vehicle that your wife has! It's on my wish list but most likely not until next year, and then one that someone has broken in for me (would LOVE new). Between that and the Porsche SUV, I'm going for that one and I'll be done with the Audi. I picked up on the two Jack Russels (5 & 7)you have and I have two males myself. Very intelligent creatures and a bit naughty at times. Actually, we're the only three dogs in the house, the rest or ladies. Interesting and fun breed, not to mentioned the terrific 996.

Gerardo
Old 03-16-2005, 05:35 AM
krisd
Instructor

Hi, my name is Kris.
I live in Moraga, CA. Surprised how close I live to many other Rennlisters here. I am sure I drive by Kirby's place a couple times a week, which is the best commute in the US.
I drive a 99 C2 Cab, Yukon Denai XL, Acura RL and a Ski Centurion.
I have been on the Rennlist for about a year.
I enjoy wakeboarding and water skiing, golf, diving, home electronics, and spending time with my family.
I work as a CPA for a regional accounting firm in San Francisco. I am 40 years old and have a wife of 18 years and an 8 year old boy and 5 year old girl. Looking forward to taking some weekends off and would like to participate in a Bay Area drive and get to know some of the members here sometime before the year is over. I have really got alot out of this board and will join soon.
This is my first Porsche and I love it. I may also have some kind of record for mileage as I put 2,000 miles on it in the first 2-1/2 days I owned the car.

Kris
Old 03-16-2005, 07:35 AM
KY_soldier
Racer

Kris, I think we tie because my first days in the 911 were a drive from NY to FL!
Old 03-16-2005, 09:22 AM
jaxxon
Intermediate

My name is Andrew, 32 years old, single and live in Long Island NY.
I drive a 2000 C4 (with a few mods-fabspeed exhaust, air intake kit...)
Been on Rennlist for a few months
Lifelong porsche fan (I used to have to SIT in the back seat of my dads in the 70's...)
I enjoy cooking, drinking vino, traveling, my ipod...
I also enjoy driving my 88 Toyota landcruiser FJ62, what a truck!
I'm VP of a NY based wine importer/distributor (Hi to all you wine lovers out there...)
Here's a pic of my car, yes I drove the right one that day! AWD, snow tires, no problem!
Attached Images  
Old 03-16-2005, 10:24 AM
peachboy
Racer

gonz 911,

You're dead right on the JRT. They are more work than both of my kids. We live in the country and they are usually bouncing up and down like yo-yo's trying to get out to chase some squirrels or birds.

As far as the Westminster (aka The Tank) I can tell you that it's an outstanding vehicule with only one shortcoming...the NAV system in crap at best, useless in most case. It always picks wrong route and is very users unfriendly. Once the vehicule is moving you can't change any inputs on the system. To top it off, when it's sunny you can't see the screen.

I'm interested in your views on Audis....my old Mercs is getting very long in the tooth and might consider a used A4 Quattro as my winter wheels...would you recommend ?

Cheers from the great white north. Marc
Old 03-16-2005, 10:46 AM
gonz911
Pro

Marc,

I had to laugh with the decription of the hounds as yo-yo's because that is so true! My dogs will "bounce" forever if I let them when they either want to go out, or especially if they see a rabbit or squirrel. I do enjoy them a lot, however, from time-to-time they challenge my patience. I do find it difficult to take them both on walks especially when they see another dog, regardless of their size they want to take them on. It's the breed I guess.

With respect to the Audi, I have an A4 3.0 Sport 6 speed, and it's a wonderful car. Moreover, the service by Audi is nothing short of terrific with a great service plan. I have a 2002 model and I have no complaints at all other than I wish I had the S4, but who wouldn't. I essentially want an SUV as my second and I am particularly fond of the RR HSE and the only other SUV I would consider is the Porsche brand. I will not, however, be purchasing a new one since I recently restarted by part-time MBA/JD and will be paying for that until completion, thus, a used one will be in order.

Good to hear back from you!

Gerardo
Old 03-16-2005, 11:07 AM
The_Phantom
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by stilton_a_cheese
......prawns sauted in olive oil, garlic and chili peppers
You're making me hungry. lol
Old 03-16-2005, 11:22 AM
fourtaylor
Intermediate

Hi, my name is Chris (and I am a Porsche-holic).
I live in Rochester, MN
I drive a Artic Silver 99C2, 92 Subaru SVX (the others, lets just say they do NOT but they do NOT have flat-6 engines)
I have been on the Rennlist for 6 months, lurk almost daily
I enjoy cars, inline skating, movies, traveling
I work as an EE (ASIC design) for Hitachi GST (HDDs). I am 36, have been married since 1990, and have three children (F11, M9, M3.5) .

This is my first Porsche, purchased in Sept. 2004, put ~3K miles on so far. Dreamed of owning a 911 since before I could drive. The opportunitty finally presented itself last year so I jumped in, probably rushed it a bit but enjoying it so far (should have read more on rennlist first ).

Chris
Old 03-14-2010, 07:14 AM
rennlist08
6th Gear

Smile

Hi, my name is Joe.
I live in India ...
I will be getting a new Boxster soon !!
I am a newbie to this forum ( not even 1 day old ).

I enjoy the cars,csightseeing, travelli all around the world, meeting new people , the internet, Photography and RennList !!!!
I am still single at 32..

I work as a Dentist with specilization in Endodontics..

have a great day...Cheers !!
Old 03-14-2010, 02:05 PM
C4CRNA
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Joe: Welcome to Rennlist!
Old 03-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Whats up with all these introductions with no pictures

Quick Reply: Say hi and introduce yourself.