996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Suspension questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 02:33 PM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me what the OEM GT3 suspension consist of? I've heard it's just H&R springs with Bilstein shocks.. Is that true?
Old 03-07-2005, 02:51 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SRL,
Sorry but I have no idea. My exhaust system is two eight inch long peices of 3 inch pipe that run from the headers straight out the back. I would consider quality, sound and weight. It seems like you should start with a board sponsor and work from there.

Rob,
Adjusting height is pretty easy. You just spin (with a tool which is provided) a collar that adjusts the relationship between the spring perch and the damper. The tougher part is that you will need to realign the car. Not a big deal. The other thing to check on is what the max height acheivable with PSS9s is. The max height might not be as high as you want to go in the winter. I don't know. Just guessing.
Jim
Old 03-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Jim,

Thanks for the info. As long as the max height is about what the car is standard I'll be fine. I have my tires swapped out every winter and when i do I have them align the car if necessary. I'll just have them adjust the suspension when they swapped the winter wheels.

Rob

Quick Reply: Suspension questions