996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

WOOHOO - NEW RMS member

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 10:54 PM
dont h8me
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, I need t clarify. My definition of LEAKING is that it is clearly visible due to a nice dark puddle of middle east or mexican gold laying on the floor. I have none. My floor is bone dry. Since I am not a mechanic (not smart enough), my visual inspection of the engine is probably worthless in that my knowledge of what I am looking at is limited. however, there is a FILM of gunk on the engine casing right around the circle on the rectangualr pan. Toolpants. be nice to me as I do not know the tech jargon. So, would this be the intermediate shaft cover?
Anyways, there is a very very small leak, not dripping, not flowing, but there is oil and gunk on the engine casing.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Where is the love" is from a goofy guy on 6speedoline. Hope you like your car.

I have no time for you if that is you. I try to help real owners and it takes a lot of my time. Period.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:16 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Dude, don't give Tool Pants a hard time, he and Loren are the only two guys who will give you the straight scoop. TP has posted many, many very helpful posts to alot of members who like to DIY.
Remember, not every oil leak is an RMS.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:56 AM
dont h8me
Instructor

TP - uhmmm. Although I have looked on 6speedonline - I am not a member or a poster. Congrats to you for spending so much of your time helping others. You should feel good about it.

I cannot beleive how much grief a simple post about my OWN CAR could irritate people. I put what my mechanic told me.
SO C4S- DUDE - don't give me a hard time. and LIGHTEN UP!!!!! Not all of us are DIY's. Some of us pay others who are smarter to fix our cars.

The amazing lack of social grace that is represented inthis thread is amazing.

Enough already.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Dubai911
Racer

BTW, my problems only went away when dealer insisted Porsche send the 'old' seal ending with 40 instead of 41.
The 41 seal was fitted to my car 4 times and leaked repeatedly

Quick Reply: WOOHOO - NEW RMS member