Sponsored by:

OT: Gran Turismo 4 is heaven second only to a real 911

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
One complaint: Unlike GT3, you ALWAYS start in the back!!!! Bummer. What happened to the time trials?!! With the short number of laps, I have to soup up the car to awesome to catch the leader before the race is done and get the gold. After I catch the leader, the car is now so awesome it's boring.

Or maybe I have to RTFM!! I've been having so much fun I havent opened the darn manual. Heh-heh-heh.
Actually, if you go to the "practice" session of the track, you qualify like in the old game...

Chad
Old 02-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

My Opinion...

GT4 is the BEST racing game on PS2, but might not be the BEST Racing Video Game. That's still up for debate...

Forza Racing may lack the number of cars and tracks, but its pretty BAD ***. IMO, I would rather play Forza than GT4...

FORZA RACING looks FREAKING Awesome! Makes GT4 look 16bit.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:08 AM
Arriflex
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're looking for near perfect physics, real world car setup/tweakin', huge online racing communities with teams-matches-tourneys-points brakets -- the whole shootin' match ... Then ditch the consoles and climb into games like GT-R or Live for Speed on PC.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:57 AM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 211 Posts

The PC racing games are great, but it can't bear a 55" HDTV set + Logitech Driving Force Pro (yes it is worth it) + 5.1 audio.

As far as Forza goes, I'm not falling for the hype until the game is released. The preview builds have gotten mixed reviews and MS Games has a ****ty track record on the Xbox.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:14 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by riotgear
MS Games has a ****ty track record on the Xbox.

Yea I guess Halo 2 was a flop...
Old 02-25-2005, 05:17 AM
Dubai911
Racer

My setup is in my living room, I usually play GT3 sitting on the couch. Where do you put this Logitech wheel on your lap? Coffee table?
Old 02-25-2005, 05:29 AM
Arriflex
AutoX

True, you've got me beat on the 55" HD.

But Logitech's rig, while capable, doesn't hold a candle to the setups you can get from folks like these:

http://www.interactiveracing.com
http://ecci6000.com/consumerhome.htm

As a side note, have you seen this?
http://www.force-dynamics.com/images.shtml
Old 02-25-2005, 01:52 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

From my experiences, the Gran Turismo game is quite simply the most complete racing game imagineable--the attention to detail, etc that has gone into everything is incredible. I am not some crazy gamer or anything, but All of the Gran Turismo franchises have beaten the pants off of everything else on the market. Licensing issues aside, you can still drive a lot of cool cars, and the physics and graphics are spot on....may not be as much eye candy as Xbox, but the "racing simulator" games I have played on Xbox, with that horrid controller, are pure rubbish.

My $.02

PS--Nick, if it's such a ****ty game, why does the entire online gaming community regard it as the holy grail of racing games? You must know something that none of the rest of the gaming industry does...
Old 02-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by riotgear
The PC racing games are great, but it can't bear a 55" HDTV set + Logitech Driving Force Pro (yes it is worth it) + 5.1 audio.

As far as Forza goes, I'm not falling for the hype until the game is released. The preview builds have gotten mixed reviews and MS Games has a ****ty track record on the Xbox.

Well you guy's tempted me into this , and I bought the console,the game and the logitech wheel. I hooked it up to my 65" hdtv....I am not impressed with the graphics....far inferior to pc/x-box graphics...the game is good....i went to options and set the console for widescreen format and 1080i (yes, I did purchase the seperate component cable), still the graphics are blurry. Nothing like the images posted on first page (only the intro. movie is that clear)

The lap setup for the wheel is not stable, i'll be attaching it to a table this evening....so far I only played the single arcade mode. Yet, I think it will keep me interested for more than the usual few days.

Last edited by Sanjeevan; 02-25-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:19 PM
peterC4C
Instructor

I've been waiting for this game forever(did'nt know it was out these couple of days.). and just in time too. my home theater with the 100" HD projector just got done. Gotta go out and find this game.

Peter
Old 02-25-2005, 03:51 PM
vove
Burning Brakes

GT4 is good but imagine if someone took the Need For Speed Porsche Challenge and updated the graphics/game play...now that would be the best game ever.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:57 PM
99_Carrera
Intermediate

yeah, I gotta pick that one up. Until then it's jacking a Comet on San Andreas for me.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:09 PM
LedZec
Advanced

Default Is it only on PS2? Or also Xbox?

Or is there a PC version?
Old 02-25-2005, 07:04 PM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Itzkirb
Yea I guess Halo 2 was a flop...
That was Bungie's core team. Not the MS XBox game unit.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:06 PM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeeva
Well you guy's tempted me into this , and I bought the console,the game and the logitech wheel. I hooked it up to my 65" hdtv....I am not impressed with the graphics....far inferior to pc/x-box graphics...the game is good....i went to options and set the console for widescreen format and 1080i (yes, I did purchase the seperate component cable), still the graphics are blurry. Nothing like the images posted on first page (only the intro. movie is that clear)

The lap setup for the wheel is not stable, i'll be attaching it to a table this evening....so far I only played the single arcade mode. Yet, I think it will keep me interested for more than the usual few days.
Something is up with your TV because the game is not blurry on my Sony Grand Wega. It looks just like the screen shots.

Quick Reply: OT: Gran Turismo 4 is heaven second only to a real 911