Sponsored by:

Fire extinguisher mount

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fire extinguisher mount

Can someone pease point me to a link to where I can order a Bray Krause underseat fire extinguisher mount. TIA.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:58 PM
bobporsche996
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can always just put it behind the spare tire in the trunk.. it fits perfect and doesn't move...
after my second engine fire, i'm not taking anymore chances
Old 01-23-2005, 02:22 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, you never stop. Its starting to get funny...

Scouser:
http://www.ogracing.com/eshop/home.asp?categ=208
Old 01-23-2005, 05:10 PM
bobporsche996
Pro

why is it funny.. do you think i'm kidding? i had two engine fires, with two of the replaced engines... luckily the fire department put out the first two times... the third time, dont' know if they will be there.. and i might have something valuable to save in the car..( like an ikea lamp... ) ( so I bought a fire extinguisher... so my car wouldn't end up like the picture on the left <g> as said, it fits perfectly behind the spare tire and doesn't even move.. just had to nudge it in there...
Old 01-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by bobporsche996
why is it funny.. do you think i'm kidding? i had two engine fires, with two of the replaced engines... luckily the fire department put out the first two times... the third time, dont' know if they will be there.. and i might have something valuable to save in the car..( like an ikea lamp... ) ( so I bought a fire extinguisher... so my car wouldn't end up like the picture on the left <g> as said, it fits perfectly behind the spare tire and doesn't even move.. just had to nudge it in there...
Bob...

I totally love your posts. Every nite I say a little prayer to St. Loren, the patron saint of Porsche Automobiles just for you in hopes that all the terrible luck and misfortune you continue to have one day, hopefully, soon, will come to an end.

I believe you are up in the Pacific Northwest as I and I would certainly love to see your car and perhaps sprinkle a little Holy Water on it to give it that added bit of of protection. I also have an old St. Christopher's medal somewhere and you could hang that from your rear view mirror if you like...looks way Kool!!

Jim

And, BTW, I mounted my fire extinguisher some time back in the area you suggested behind the spare tire (small shelf in front of battery) and IT DOES fit
just fine there as you mentioned.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by yetis
Bob, you never stop. Its starting to get funny...

Scouser:
http://www.ogracing.com/eshop/home.asp?categ=208
I think I am beginning to agree.

Chad
Old 01-24-2005, 12:27 AM
bobporsche996
Pro

well the year of 2005 has been good to me.. no problems yet.. except for the faulty MAS which my extended warranty co paid for.. other than that.. 1250 miles of pure worry-free WARRANTIED (I can sleep at night now) driving so it's all good.. for now <g>

probably the worst night for me was the day I picked up my car after having my third engine replaced after a month in the shop and shelling out bout $13,000... only to have the tranny go out on me on the way home from the dealership... god that pissed me off ... I asked the tow truck driver if he could just take the car and accidently drop it off the seattle docks for an extra bill..

but since then.. all's good.. with the exception of some pissed off old people that can no longer hear thanks to my fabspeed muffler bypass doing some wot acceleration in a parking garage.. it's alright, they'll be fine.. hearing is overrated anyways
Old 01-24-2005, 01:13 AM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Berny, were you serious about a link to Brey-Krause ext mount??
http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/fire.php

Old 01-24-2005, 01:29 AM
Darren
Burning Brakes

I bought mine from www.stableenergies.com. They recommmended mounting it on the driver's seat because with the harness on there is no way to reach it on the passenger side if you need it in a hurry.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:36 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JimPDX
Bob...

...... Every nite I say a little prayer to St. Loren, the patron saint of Porsche Automobiles just for you in hopes that all the terrible luck and misfortune you continue to have one day, hopefully, soon, will come to an end.
I am sure Loren at renntech will be blushing. It's a great and deserved compliment. I'll remember that one and might quote it in future.

Yetis, Don & Daren thanks heaps. Exactly what I was after. I can't seem to find a supplier here in the UK though. Also, I have some questions:

1) My RHD car has the passenger seat on the left and the ECU under it. Any ideas if this will cause problems. Is there LHD & RHD versions?

2) The reason I want to order one of these is because I am driving to Spain in May and Spanish regulations require a fire extinguisher to be fitted "inside" the car. But my wife will be passenger for this long trip. Does the extinguisher cause any extra discomfort? Like does it stick out with sharp bits? Heaven forbid it should tear her stockings

3) has the seat got to come out to fit it?

Thanks again guys. Thanks heaps Don for the photies.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:09 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Berny: While I never sit on the passenger side, I never hear any complaints about it. If anything, the complaint is there is less space to put all her bags!

Here is a place in the UK that sells both the mount and the extinguisher. You will want to buy the extinguisher locally as they cannot ship via air.

http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalo...sche_cars.html
Old 01-24-2005, 11:59 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Thanks yetis. I have ordered one up.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Darren
Burning Brakes

I have mine on the driver's seat LHD, with the ECU under the seat and its no problem.

You do need to take the seat out to fit the bracket, but remember two things. 1. You have to disconnect the battery before unplugging the seat harness or your Airbag light will come on, and 2. Make sure you know your radio code before you disconnect your battery
Old 01-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Austin
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Lightbulb Fire Extinguishers Con't.

The most popular system for attachment (other than to a roll bar) is the Brey-Krause R2030 with an Amerex model 352TS or a Safecraft model PB (really nice piece).

The 352TS comes with the metal dual clamp bracket that bolts to the BKR2030. It is a 2.5lb Halon. This set up will run about $200.

The Safecraft PB (see pic) with aluminum billet head and quick release is gorgeous and has smoother surfaces that won't catch on suits/shoes/purses etc as easily as the Amerex. It's worth looking into, or at least looking at. The Safecraft model will require a BKR9501 adapter for the BKR2030. This set up will run about $400

DEVEK carries both extinguishers and BK components, we do a lot in-house and mail order also. The BK R2030 can also be used with the BK sub strap harness if you're ever to install GT3 seats or other Recaro's.

So of course it's best to use the Halon (it won't damage your wiring harnesses and isn't a pain to clean up), but I recommend researching the requirements for your club/DE organizers, some require 3.5lbs of Halon in place of 2.5.

word to the wise: As it gets close to season opening, these items can be hard to find.

Austin
Attached Images  
Old 01-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Austin, do you ship to the UK? If so, can you PM me quotes on all ths stuff including shipping. Note we have to pay 17.5% VAT and 10% import duty but sometimes even with this it can be cheaper to order from the US due to exchange rates in our favour at the moment.

Is there problems shipping extinguishers. I hear that air freight will not take them?

Quick Reply: Fire extinguisher mount