Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

can anybody give me an estimate on a price for a used set of Techart K8 mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 09:58 PM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 36 Posts
Default can anybody give me an estimate on a price for a used set of Techart K8 mufflers?

I recently bought a 993TT which has fabspeed muffler bypasses. The original mufflers which came of the car were at the shop that swapped the mufflers out. When I got them a few days after I bought the car, my investigation showed them to be Techart sport mufflers designed for a NA 996.
Whether they were ever on my TT or not (the shop claims that they were the ones and that they were not misplaced) they are useless to me now.

I want to sell them but I need a starting point for what to ask.

The mufflers themselves probably have only a few thousand miles on them (the TT had only 16K and the mufflers could only have been available for about half its life). The tips are a bit scratched on the underside, probably from backing over a curb or something (you wouldent be able to tell if they were mounted).

Thanks for any help. Below is the info from the techart website, the page does not have a specific address I could cut and paste but you can find it by searching under the tuning program for 996 under the section for exhaust.
http://www.techart.de/

Designation Art.-No.

TECHART Sport exhaust system/Export
(sporty sound)
-galvanized steel-version
-no permission under StVZO

VHC with manual transmission 096.310.821.009*
Installation 096.319.820.999

*Fits on 996 Coupe C2, Coupe C4, Cabrio C2, Cabrio C4
Old 01-17-2005, 10:33 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welll If you come up with a price , i am very interested....and congrats on the TT awsome ride

Quick Reply: can anybody give me an estimate on a price for a used set of Techart K8 mufflers?