Sponsored by:

Porsche USA Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 12:52 PM
wknopf
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche USA Extended Warranty

First, do they offer it? Second, what does it cost? Third, does it cover RMS issues? I believe I might have an opportunity to get one from my regional rep at no cost, in lieu of a deep discount on accessories. I already have PSE and X74, and there are no other factory "mods" I'm really interested in. Does anyone have experience with the factory extended warranty? I'm proibaably keeping this car for 5-7 years, with 8,000 miles a year going on. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2005, 01:31 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only certified used Porsche have extended warranty. Others have sold their cars to dealers and then buy it back under certification to get the warranty. If you currently own the car, that's the only way to get warranty from Porsche. If you are buying one and can opt to have the warranty, you should as it covers RMS just like a new car warranty. It's roughly about $2500 worth for the extra 2 yrs.

Is your regional rep offering you warranty on a car that you own already?
Old 01-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Right off of Porsche USA Website:

Porsche Approved Limited Warranty

Each qualifying Porsche Approved automobile (distributed by Porsche Cars North America and sold by an authorized Porsche automobile dealer in the United States or Canada) comes with a limited warranty. This warranty is not valid for any commercial dealer or broker. This is a warranty under state and federal law, and is not a service contract. This warranty is limited to only certain parts on the vehicle and ends when the vehicle's odometer reaches 100,000 miles. For more details, consult an authorized Porsche dealer. Vehicles eligible for inclusion may be no older than 8 years old from the original in-service date and must pass a stringent 100+ point inspection conducted by our authorized Porsche dealerships. This program excludes Carrera GT.

Time & Mileage Period

1. If the qualifying pre-owned Porsche Approved vehicle is purchased while still under the new vehicle warranty, the maximum coverage is 6 years/100,000 miles/160,000 kilometers from the original in-service date.

2. If the qualifying pre-owned Porsche Approved vehicle purchased is outside the new vehicle warranty, the maximum coverage is 2 years/100,000 miles/160,000 kilometers, whichever comes first.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:59 PM
wknopf
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default warranty

Thanks for the info. But I still have some questions...the rep wants to know what it will take to "make me happy" to resolve another issue. I doubt they will write a check, and I don't need any other cars or parts. I was thinking an extended warranty on my '04 might make some sense since I do intend to keep the car for awhile. It was bought new 12/03. What would an extended warranty be worth? Or would you all just go with a Selection gift certificate? Doesn't the factory extended warranty cost a couple of grand? TIA!

Quick Reply: Porsche USA Extended Warranty