996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

100 MPH plus

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 10:12 AM
peachboy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here my theory on why minivans are bad.....talking from experience as a car driver and more frithning as a motorcycle rider.......

50% of minis are being driven by timid, scared soccer-mom who are not in their element beind a wheel. Nothing against soccer moms (I'm maried to one) but the one that DO know how to drive well don't drive a minivan.

50% are being driven by man who are sooo frustrated (because they are in a minivan) and thus will compensate by trying to act macho and driving like maniacs.

Mind you I'm sure that there are scrared dads and maniac moms out there but rule of thumb stay away from minivan...and people wearing baseball caps....if you ever noticed most idiots drivers wear caps beind the wheel....no theory on that yet but working on it.

(P.s. all the above to be taken with a grain of salt)
Old 01-06-2005, 04:26 PM
W.O.T. Freak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Here goes My humble opinion....

We have developed cars that are super fast, but not enough places to use all the power. For instance here in Brazil, in the main state which is São Paulo, we have only one track. And go figure how many "drivers" are in the streets wishing to "burn some tires"
I think 100 MPH is nothing, do not worry about that. Your car can handle higher speeds.

Before XMas, there was a small meeting of 12 porsches and 2 ferrari, organized by "Why be normal Racing team" . Most of the drivers had more than 40 years on the clock.
It was like a mini-gumbal rally. I rembered staying a lot in the MAX speed of my car, which is 178 MPH.

The Turbo (stage 2) reached 208 MPH, and the only car who could stay near was the MARANELO.

Irresponsibilities apart, it was a lot of fun, and I would do it again...

Best Wishes
WOT
Old 01-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,235 Likes on 755 Posts

The folks who drive slower than we do are idiots, and the ones who drive faster are maniacs........

Cabman the thing about your post that most caught my attention is that you are 53.......Live on bro....from a fellow "senior"............

Some times the stupid **** that I do, at my advanced age, really shocks me....I guess I never did actually grow up......
Old 01-06-2005, 05:44 PM
bobporsche996
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes 100mph may seem like nothing while driving, but here in the great us of a... 100mph+ potentially lands you in jail and having your license revoked for a year... a little higher trhan that.. and you are in felony territory of attemped vehicular homicide if the cop wants to be a jerk... which can carry upto several years in prison..

meanwhile blondie in her expedition can go 100mph, show some titty and get away... gotta love this country <g>
Old 01-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,235 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by bobporsche996
yes 100mph may seem like nothing while driving, but here in the great us of a... 100mph+ potentially lands you in jail and having your license revoked for a year... a little higher trhan that.. and you are in felony territory of attemped vehicular homicide if the cop wants to be a jerk... upto several years in prison..

meanwhile blondie in her expedition can go 100mph, show some titty and get away... gotta love this country <g>
But Bob, that is what titty is for......You can't blame a girl for using her god given assets.....She goes into the dance knowing if she gets caught she hasta flash some pink....we go into it knowing if we get caught we hafta flash some green.....what's the diff?

Quick Reply: 100 MPH plus