996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Paintless dent removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004 | 10:32 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Angry Paintless dent removal

Has anybody tried this paintless ding removal? I have a couple of annoying(to me) ones on the pass side behind the door, got 'em the first week I had the car!
Old 12-13-2004 | 10:59 AM
ZBlue996Kam
Pro

Yes, I have.

A good friend of mine do that for a living. I saw him worked on my wife's car. It works if the person who do job know what he or she is doing.

How good the result is would highly dependent on who did the work.

I would check references before sending my car for repair.

Kam
Old 12-13-2004 | 12:46 PM
carbonissimo
Advanced

Cool

I only hope you have a guy there as good as my guy here.
I've had a few dings removed over the years and with amazing results.
Old 12-13-2004 | 12:47 PM
threeOh
Advanced

I've done it on three different cars using three different (but vetted) people. All results were excellent except where a safety beam in the door got in the way. Ended up with two small dings instead of one larger one. Unfortunately, the smaller ones show up better.

Suggestion is, beforehand tell him if there's anything that might force him to compromise the job, ask before he proceeds.
Old 12-13-2004 | 02:02 PM
Res Ips
Rennlist Member

I've used paintless dent/ding removable on three cars and the results were real good. BUT find out from a good body shop or a friend which one to use. Look for the one who has been in business the longest and go from there. Be ready to have a small hole or two drilled into the door (if thats where the ding/dent is) because in some cases they need to insert long pushing tools into the area where there is a ding. Good ones will tell you about this first. They usually cover the hole with a small rubber or plastic cap...careful again, because unless the fit is real tight water can seep into panel or door...so be careful...but if you use a good one the results are really pretty good...

Jim
Old 12-13-2004 | 02:20 PM
yongster
Racer

I've had many dents taken out. Many cars have this done at the dealer before being delivered to the buyer (minor dents during transport). Check with your dealer.
Old 12-14-2004 | 12:04 AM
99 C4
Advanced

I Used the dent doctor somere near the whitestone bridge area. I think his name is Cris, I can get you his number. He did a decent job.
Old 12-14-2004 | 01:27 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

99, can you pm me his number, thanks!
Old 12-14-2004 | 03:24 PM
jb26jb
Racer

Default Hey C4S

Try Detailing Dynamics in Mineola the owner judges the Metro Area PCA concours events and is a porsche owner and PCA member their website is pretty cool too. This is a high end shop they do total restorations also. Dings sux.
Old 12-14-2004 | 05:21 PM
johnny1423
Pro

try asking the highline( porsche,bmw,mercedes) dealers in your area who they use.
Then call the guy directly...almost all of them work for themselves...then you go meet them at a lot...very simple...and you get the "good" one at a "better" price...always pay cash
Old 12-14-2004 | 08:51 PM
UberXY
Burning Brakes

I went to a paintless guy that my local BMW/Porsche shop uses for hail damage, etc; my M5 had been hit by a shopping cart (all the way in the very back of the lot...).

I was stunned at how good the work was, and how quickly it was done. I figured it was a $100 experiment before taking the car in for a traditional repair. Completely happy with the results, though I am sure that like anything else, it is dependent on the experience and talent of the mechanic doing the work.

BTW, the guy who did it says it does not work well on Mercedes, as the sheet metal on an MB is thicker than most cars.

Steve

Last edited by UberXY; 12-14-2004 at 08:52 PM. Reason: corrected spelling of adverb

Quick Reply: Paintless dent removal