996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

switch design

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 03:41 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a feeling that there is a prob with the definition targa switch.
targa cars has 2 "targa switches"
one is for the glass top and looks like the switch for the normal roof ,and
one for the fabric-plastic cover sun-block device that slides under the glass top in oorder to prevent the sun to penetrtate the interior of the car and looks like a garage door.

the one that itzkirb describes in his site, "I used a Targa Roof Switch (996 613 119 10 A05) is the one for the glass roof even though the one shown in his site is the one for the interior roof.do not know wich is the correct term for the switch that looks like a garage door.i assume that the part number given is the one that refers to garage door design, even though it is describe in a wrong way..
itzkirb can help, because i am confused since i went in an OPC and order a targa switch and thought i would get the garage design door switch and got actually the roof design one...
Old 11-27-2004, 04:12 AM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kirby used 996 613 119 10 A05 which is the switch for the targa sun shade. That is the one you want, and remember it only comes in matte and your year is gloss.

The glass roof is 996 613 157 10 A05.

Sounds like they gave you the wrong switch. Should be a part number on it or on the bag.
Old 11-27-2004, 04:31 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Pants
Kirby used 996 613 119 10 A05 which is the switch for the targa sun shade. That is the one you want, and remember it only comes in matte and your year is gloss.

Sounds like they gave you the wrong switch. Should be a part number on it or on the bag.
Preview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Pants

excactly,
i am aware thaI have been given the wrong switch.
i am aware as well that it comes in matte only.

but the problem begins from the description of the sun block switch. it should be named targa sun shade switch and Targa Roof Switch as Itzkirb described it in his site.

anyway, i agree with all the above, MY MISTAKE that i did order the switch with a name rather than a part number given, which is correct, I will get another 2 switches wich are the sun shade targa switches with part number 996 613 119 10 A05, and is the one to go for since it looks like a garage door!!!!

thanks for the replies......

Quick Reply: switch design