996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Opinions on the BK oil pan kit.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004 | 12:30 PM
Salazar
Advanced

Default Opinions on the BK oil pan kit.

I race a BMW with NASA and am thinking about doing more track days in my 1999 996 and OneLap this spring. I have heard that there is an oiling issue with sticky tires. Has anyone tried or heard anything about the BK solution? From the BK site:

Update: the R-9095 has been approved by the Porsche Club of America for use in PCA club racing Stock and Prepared class cars

Scavenging and aeration in the oil pan have been identified as a problem in 996 and Boxster models experiencing high G-forces on the racetrack. The R-9095 oil pan spacer provides a simple solution. This spacer increases sump capacity by half a quart, providing more reserve to ward off starvation.

The R-9095 kit clears all factory options including the rear skid plate. Added oil capacities as well as increased oil pan surface area increase oil cooling and engine performance.

*Oil pan and sump baffle are OEM parts and do not need to be purchased

Thanks for your comments. Alex
Old 10-28-2004 | 08:08 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

good to hear from you

For the conditions on the One lap this would be a sufficient solution and less expensive than the the PMNA solution which is geared to longer events. I do not have 1st hand experiance with this product(yet)
Old 03-03-2005 | 01:48 PM
Oscar
Instructor

Can you elaborate on the PMNA solution. I also have a 99 996 and am considering the addition of the BK oil sump kit.
Old 03-03-2005 | 03:23 PM
Salazar
Advanced

Rob:

I am going to miss you and the 911 at OneLap this year. What am I going to do with att the extra stickers that were set aside for your car??????

Alex

Quick Reply: Opinions on the BK oil pan kit.