Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

How do I find out what service has been done to my C4S?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 06:13 PM
jjtarnow
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I find out what service has been done to my C4S?

I recently bought an '02 C4S and would like to check what service has been done by Porsche on my car. How do I go about asking a dealer to run a check for me (specifically looking to see if the RMS has been repaired)? Are the service desks receptive to running this check for someone that has not bought the car from them? Are they required to assist my request?

Thanks,
Josh
Old 10-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are certainly not required, however, i am fairly sure that there is a database for servicing on cars, and they should be willing and able to accomodate this request

if you get your car serviced at the dealer, or bought it from them, or even if you didn't they should be able to do this for free, or a nominal fee.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:47 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

you can call 800 porsche and tell them the vin and they can look up the selling dealer, and he can convey the info he has. Also porsche can give all the warrantee repairs that are in the system. You can make further traces if you find the contact all those dealers that serviced the car. Should be easy for a car thats still under warrantee. Probibly nothing has been done that was out of pocket.

Quick Reply: How do I find out what service has been done to my C4S?