Sponsored by:

Fall Drive to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 06:27 AM
RobynC
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fall Drive to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park

This year, I am opting to make this a two night event. However, for those who wish, they can do one or both. It's ala carte. The day time events will be announced over the next few days. I am in need of volunteers who can assist in driving lead from their perspective areas (north and south) and sweepers. This of course, is a casual, relaxing drive event. For those who can only make Saturday and Sunday, they can meet us at the Wusachi on Saturday for the two day event.

Here are the details:

Start your weekend off with a little red meat?
Friday, October 22nd -
Meet for lunch at Harris Ranch, in sunny Coalinga, California. 12 noon
North and South congregate to one meeting location to have a spot of lunch before we depart for our weekend destination of Sequoia National Park at 2 p.m.

Departing from Harris Ranch at 2 p.m., we head east for our destination of Sequoia National Park. Our host hotel is The Wusachi Village and Lodge . Please call for your reservation ASAP at (888) 252-5757.
Room rates are:
Standard: $99
Deluxe: $119
Superior: $149

We should arrive at the Wusachi around 5ish. Dinner plans as of right now I am unsure of, more information to follow.

Saturday, October 23rd, 2004
Leisure morning with plans to have a drive after breakfast with some sort of coordinated activity, fun run, poker run, something like that. I'm still coordinating this effort, so stay tuned for more details. Lunch is on your own with some time to yourselves to explore, or stay with the group. We are in a lovely place, so don't forget your camera!

Group dinner that evening at the Wusachi. Drinks afterwards at the fireplace!

Sunday, October 24th, 2004
After breakfast, we depart the Wusachi for Kings Canyon. Lunch will take place somewhere along this leg of our trip (Most likely in Grant Grove.) And after lunch, we will exit the park and head for home.

I look forward to another successfull Babblers Fall Frolic, see you on the 22nd!! Should you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me by email at c2babe@yahoo.com

RobynC

Quick Reply: Fall Drive to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park