Pagid brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 11:50 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pagid brake pads

Hi all,
could anyone tell me what the difference will be if I use Pagid high performance brake pads, in conjunction with higher spec brake fluid, as well as stainless still brake lines?

harris
Old 10-02-2004, 01:55 PM
jyoteen
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

you'll get a lot of squealing. I'm currently running the RS4-4 compounds all around with Motul RBF600 fluid. Great breaking setup when on track, but I can't tell you how many people have pulled up beside me saying there's something wrong with my brakes. I'm sure that it's due to the x-drilled OEM rotors.

I'll switch to slotted rotors next, but in the meantime I gotta put up with it. Also, when cold, your braking isn't optimal, so it takes longer to come to a stop. Keep some distance, but I don't mind because I've been with this setup for years, so I'm used to it.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:57 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Well the brake fluid will just have a higher boiling point and the steel brake lines will not flex like traditional (less play) but the pads you didn't specify which ones you want to get. Brake pads at diff performance levels demand diff conditions. What will you use them for? Brake pads need to heat to a specific temp (based on the the type of pad) for them to be optimaly effective. Bad idea to use track pads on the street and vice versa.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:34 PM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SS brake lines are likely more trouble than they are worth. You will need to tighten or check them weekly as they tend to unscrew themselves. Even the GT3 Cup Cars use the standard rubber brake lines.

Quick Reply: Pagid brake pads