Sponsored by:

Past Military Helps in Today Speeding Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 08:56 AM
houldsworth1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrian Fuller
It was a fun time because our friends (Australians who have moved around the planet with business and who had spent the previous three years here in Kent) had never seen proper snow before !
You guys get FANTASTIC houses for the money you know - compared to Kent anyway !

Adrian,

Interesting things you said there... I am originally from Woolwich (East London). This weekend is my 40th birthday and I have:
a) my brother who lives in Welling (Kent) coming out today;
b) A very good friend who is Australian, that I met while in France, who now lives in San Diego, coming out tomorrow.

Yes, we get lots of snow here most years (I came here in '95 when NYC was shut down because of 6' in one day). It also gets mighty hot in the summer and, yes, house prices in the U.K. are off the wall these days.

Barry
Old 09-23-2004, 10:33 AM
mjb2448
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Whenever I get pulled over, I tell the following joke. Cop pulls over a guy for speeding. He asks, "Whats the big hurry?" Speeder responds that he's a performer for a childrens circus and he does magic and juggles. Cop asks him to prove it. The speeder responds that all his gear has been forwarded to the childrens hospital for the performance. Cop states if I bring you something to juggle and you pull it off, I'll let you slide with a warning." Cop goes to the trunk of his cruiser, takes three flares, lights them and hands them to the speeder who while standing on the berm of the road proceeds to juggle the crap out of them. Suddenly a car pulls in behind the cop car. A guy gets out and jumps into the back of the police cruiser closing the door. Cop walks up, opens the door and questions the guy "Just what do you think you're doin ?" Guy responds "Ya might as well take my drunk *** to jail....cause there's no way I can pass that test.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:45 AM
houldsworth1
Racer

This one might work too - change the state as appropriate...

Two men are driving through Pennsylvania when they get pulled over by a State Trooper. The cop walks up and taps on the window with his nightstick. The driver rolls down the window and WHACK, the cop smacks him in the head with the stick.
The driver asks, "What the hell was that for?"
The cop answers, "You're in Pennsylvania son. When we pull you over, you better have your license ready when we get to your car."
The driver says, "I'm sorry, Officer, I'm not from around here." The cop runs a check on the guy's license, and he's clean. He gives the guy his license back, walks around to the passenger side, and taps on the window.
The passenger rolls down the window and WHACK, the cop smacks him on the head with the nightstick.
The passenger asks, "What'd you do that for?"
The cop says, "Just making your wish come true."
The passenger asks, "Making what wish come true?"
The cop says, "I know that two miles down the road you're gonna say to your buddy, "I wish that Son-of-a-B***h would've tried that s**t with me!"
Old 09-23-2004, 11:10 AM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,235 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by houldsworth1
If I get pulled over I get a ticket - no exceptions to date. Doesn't matter if it is the car or the motorcycle.

I am never a jerk, always as nice as pie. I put it down to the British accent - as soon as American cops hear that they think I am so kind of snob (when in fact I grew up in East London which is about as far from snobbery as you can get!)

Any ideas on how I get around that? Can I put a cap in the back that says "Nice guy inside...REALLY!"

Later...

Barry
how about, lose the accent? I think you are prolly right about it being an irritant to the local "coppers"....
Old 09-23-2004, 11:16 AM
houldsworth1
Racer

Originally Posted by Gretch
how about, lose the accent? I think you are prolly right about it being an irritant to the local "coppers"....
I have been here 10 years. People here still think I sound English - people in England think I sound Canadian or South African - Guess I don't fit anywhere anymore

If I try to put on another accent I sound like a Pakistani - doesn't matter what accent I am trying to do.

Quick Reply: Past Military Helps in Today Speeding Tickets