frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I definitely agree with you there.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:27 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The easiest and simplest solution to this is to go and drive both for yourself. With all due respect to those with far greater experience it still comes down to what suits you best. and no one but you can decide that. Any dealer should be able to accomodate that request, even if it's a couple of weeks before they get a 997 demonstrator and several months before you actually want to pull the trigger.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:38 PM
frayed
Race Car

Agreed. Drive both. Try to drive both back to back on the same day, then do it again a different day. One will emerge as more engaging. . .

I have a deposit down on the Elise, and drove the demo two different days. I liked the car, but it wasn't the life changing event that I had expected from all the lofty reviews. I was then very pleasantly surprised by the 997.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:21 PM
fahren affair
Pro

jeff,
fwiw, the shock bodies on the gt3 are threaded w/ adjustable perches, so theoretically you can raise the ride height to taste.

as for otoro, chutoro, etc. the next time you're in so. ca, you'll want to go to ginza sushi-ko. the best-in-the-west (literally). as for me, i prefer the toro from the bluefin in my freezer which i caught last week
Old 09-13-2004, 05:35 PM
frayed
Race Car

Sweet. You lucky dog. I had this stuff shimofuri once, it was aweseome.

I'm currently on an ankimo kick, but it seems highly variable based on preparation. Sometimes OK, sometimes almost comparable to Uni (my fav). There's a new fish all the places around here started serving. It's called Super White Tuna (but it's not tuna, and it's not albacore). Can't remember the name the proper name. . . it's a great cut.

As for ride height, my understanding is that, like with all coilovers setups, it's made to work within a limited range of ride heights. I had issues with both going too high and too low with H&R and with Ground Control coilovers on my M3 (either too close to the bumpstops or too close to topping out the shock). I'm a bit doubtful that I can get away with enough ride height tweaking to simultaneously achieve daily drivability and performance, but I'll look into it. There's a great Porsche tech here in town that will know off the top of his head.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Lomcevak
Instructor

Aji sashimi (diced with ginger and scallions). None finer.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:24 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

For me, I would definitely go with the 997 S. Better Autocrosser and probably alot more fun to drive!! Really depends on what you will be using the car for. Straight line acceleration, definitely go with the TT. Then again if I cared about that as opposed to my ability in the driver's seat, I would never have bought my 996. To me, the TT is too easy to drive and takes alot of the character out of driving. On the other hand, they sure are fun to go ssswwwwooooossshhhht-t-t by all the other traffic on and off the traffic. That is something I have to work a little more at but then again, that is the most fun for me.

Quick Reply: '05 997S vs. '01 996 TT