Sponsored by:

Rejex: Disappointing

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 02:30 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,664 Likes on 2,330 Posts

tried rejec and zaino, they are nice, but i don't like the cold acrylic sheen.
personal favorite is P21S wax, after P21 paint cleanser, after 3M imperial glaze.
P21S has a warm sheen but doesn't last long. wax it every 2 weeks and you be fine.
it only takes me 20 minutes to wax the 996 by hand.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:57 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There has to be something wrong in your application.
Mine has had two coats of RejeX and I am just stunned at how well this stuff lives up to its name.

Last week I drove down to Kent (outer London) to the PCGB Festival 2004 event at Brands Hatch. The trip is about 250 miles for me each way. The weather was fairly good that week so it was top down
most of the way on the motorway. On the trip down I stopped at a Motorway service
center for lunch, all the time keeping an eye on my car in the busy car park. All of a sudden I see
a spray go all over my car as this car pulled up next to it. I was cursing mad, certain this guy had
deliberatly sprayed his window washer so that it messed my car Porker which was all gleaming and
polished ready as I had a slot on the 996 Register display stand. But when I got outside to the car I see he had driven over a can of beer that had sprayed up all over my car and the cab top too. Real messy sticky stuff. Not hs fault though. Anyway, headed on down to Kent. Car now needing badly a wash. Window wipers all stuck with beer goo!
Overnighted in a hotel and it had rained through the night quite heavy. Went down to my car to
clean the mess but ......holy crap! it was all cleaned up. The rain had cleared up the beer and it was sitting there all beaded up with rain drops. The 10 mile trip to Brands and it was gone. Completely.
Car was lovely and shiney like I had just polished it.

To add to this, the car sat on the Register stand in the open and was parked next to a dirt track
which was constantly blowing up dust every time someone drove down it. Probably a bad spot
to park one's car but it wasn't up to me. By the time we left Brands Hatch my 996 was really mucky.
We had some very light rain during the day. With the rain and the dust it had really messed the
car up. Anyway, I set off home. A real pleasant trip back. When I got back I hosed the car and
it sits there right now clean as a whistle.

This RejeX stuff is as we say, the dogs dangly bits!
Old 09-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Adrian Fuller
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bernie,

Where do you get it in the UK ?

I must confess I'm not majorly into cleaning mine - Prefer to drive it !!! (at least when it's dirty I can concentrate on proper driving rather than avoiding puddles etc !!)

Apart from normal weekly washing I just apply Autoglym about once a fortnight. - This honestly only takes about 1/2 hour with a clean car. - The result is OK but it's so easy !!!

How long does this rejex stuff take to apply ?

Adrian
Old 09-07-2004, 10:43 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Adrian, I brought a few bottles back from the US on my last trip. But I seem to remember that
there is a deal for rennlist members where the cost to order is the same anywhere in the world
including shipping.....and it was cheaper than what I payed by a few dollars.
I did a search but couldn'ty find the thread. Anyone recall this thread I am talking about?

You apply RejeX just like any other wax/polish. Only issue is you need to let it cure overnight
and preferably in a spot where it don't get too hot and you get morning due on your car.
All I did was wash my car with Mequires gold class then go over it with Meguires clay bar
then I did some final cleanup of swirls with Meguires Scratch X. Finally a coat of RejeX.
Actually I put two coats on....2nd one the following week. Juts make sure you take off any
wax you previously put on the car. Do this with Fairy Liquid......they call it Jane or Maureen or Dawn
or something in the US

But folks, there may be some competition for RejeX, I bought Meguires new Tech NXT Wax and
used it on my Alfa Romeo just to see how it matches up. So far it is doing very well but it's
early days yet. But this stuff seems to me to be very similar to RejeX. It has the same feel
and lustre to it and it certainly handles bird crap very well. I left it under a tree by accident
and I think the world's population of crows crapped on it. But a quick hose and you would never
know. Quite impressed with it but will have to wait a few months first.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

Here is my Cayenne I Rejex'ed when I got the car in May. It's pretty much the daily driver and it sometimes gets parked outside overnight. Unlike my 911 I use water to clean it once a week. I just spray water on it and wipe it dry. So far it still beads and stays fairly clean....

Old 09-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Cayenne Austin
Instructor

Unhappy

Originally Posted by programmatore
Hey guys, where can I order RejeX? I am happy with Zaino but I want to try RejeX. I am always on the lookout for better products, which is why I switched from wax to Zaino. RejeX sounds like it is just the ticket to finally solving the brake dust problem on my Sport Classic IIs.

Thanks,

.:programmatore:.
Will tell you I have happily used Zaino for quite a while- tried RejEx on the TT when I waxed it two weeks ago. While easier to apply, luster is not as deep as two coats of Z2... will be switching back. And the Zaino lasts for 3 months easily; only takes 30 minutes to apply another coat once you do the first two.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:40 PM
wilam
Instructor

I used the Zaino system and recently tried Rejex. Zaino is more effort to apply but I think it works better and the beading lasts longer than Rejex.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:38 PM
itradem
Instructor

I am also a long-time Zaino user who recently tried Rejex. I will probably continue to use Rejex on the X5 and minivan, but wil be going back to Zaino on the 996. Rejex is good stuff... just doesn't blow me away like aino always has... can't beat the depth of shine out of multiple coats of Zaino IMHO. If time were a serious constraint, I'd use Rejex.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Stevo'99
Three Wheelin'

Programatorre -

That's a great looking bumper! Which one is it? Who makes it?
Old 09-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

The 3M glaze you applied before the Rejex is full of fillers and oils that will prevent the Rejex from curing properly with the paint. Synthetics like Rejex and Zaino work best when the surface is free of any prior waxes, polishes, or glazes.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Lomcevak
Instructor

Add me to the list of folks who've tried Rejex but prefer Zaino, which seems to match Rejex in gloss/shine but is more durable.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:33 PM
ignacio
Burning Brakes

lom
zaino is so much more time consuming, though. i can apply rejex 4 times in the time it takes to do the multi step zaino business. zaino is also much pricier.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

I agree, other products may work better, but for the effort applied I don't think anything can beat Rejex? I've said it a million times, I use rejex because i am lazy! haha
Old 09-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Stevo'99
Three Wheelin'

I use it because I have so damn many cars and bikes that need to be taken care of. The time saved on each one by using the easiest to apply is worth gold in how much total effort it takes to do all of this. Lazy? Not really. Efficient? Definitely!

I just washed my Tundra this morning which was starting to look shabby. It took some elbow grease to get some of the spots off (bird stuff, whatever). Now it beads like I just rejexed it yesterday. I'm really pleased with this stuff. I'm only 5'-9" and let me tell you, it's hard to clean the top of my truck! Plus I'm recovering from shoulder reconstruction surgery from 4 weeks ago and I'm barely using my right arm. It sure is nice having an easy wash job (for the most part) when I'm not at 100% physically.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Here's my cab all RejeX'd up at Brands Hatch.
Bear in mind it had just driven 250 miles, had a can of beer squirted up all over it
and rained on. All it took was a hose down. No more.

Lining up on the Indi track with roughly 300 other Porkers attempting to beat the world record!

Quick Reply: Rejex: Disappointing