subwoofer OEM unit

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 04:05 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default subwoofer OEM unit

Hi all,
can anyone tell where i can find the subwoofer OEM unit, that porsche fits on cars with bose sound systems?
i recently found on e-bay a guy selling the sub woofer box for bxtrs.
can anyone tell where to find the equivelant for 996?

thanks
Old 09-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Toreador
Menace to Society
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The OEM subwoofer fits in the left of the passenger footwell.
I don't know where you can get one. Have you tried Gert at www.carnewal.com?
Old 09-04-2004, 01:31 PM
harris
Burning Brakes

Hi again,
i am talking about the unit behind the rear seats.
any help?
Old 09-04-2004, 07:27 PM
acourvil
Addict
Rennlist Member

The footwell sub enclosure is for Cabs; hardtops have the unit on the rear deck. You can get better aftermarket sub boxes. If you really want the OEM Bose box, I'm sure you could get the part number and order it from a dealer. I have a set of the Bose subs (w/o the enclosure) sitting in a closet, but again, you can do better with aftermarket speakers.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:22 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

How easy is it to add an aftermarket subwoofer to cars with the MOST (BOSE) bus? Is it even possible? An OEM subwoofer enclosure and subs might be the only way to go unless you want to swap out the head unit, amp, etc. too.

You should talk to Rod at Car Audio Innovations. I have no affiliation with CAI -- just wanted to pass along the info because if anyone would know about adding aftermarket subs to the MOST bus it would be Rod. Anyway, check out his website. http://www.caraudioinnovations.com He makes some of the best looking (i.e. blends very well to the Porsche interior) aftermarket sub enclosures I have seen.

.:programmatore:.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:41 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by programmatore
How easy is it to add an aftermarket subwoofer to cars with the MOST (BOSE) bus? Is it even possible? An OEM subwoofer enclosure and subs might be the only way to go unless you want to swap out the head unit, amp, etc. too.
In so far as any of the speakers are concerned, MOST does not exist; they are merely copper wire connected to the amplifier's outputs. You are free to connect just about anything you want.

(In a nutshell, MOST only interfaces to the amplfier for command/control/content/communications. Once the digital audio is extracted from the data stream, it is sent thru the DSP, converted to analog and sent to the amplifier's internal power amplifiers and finally to the speakers)
Old 09-04-2004, 08:57 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
In so far as any of the speakers are concerned, MOST does not exist; they are merely copper wire connected to the amplifier's outputs. You are free to connect just about anything you want.
Cool! Thanks ltc.

Harris, definitely check out Car Audio Innovations then. They have great looking enclosures for 996 coupes and cabs.

.:programmatore:.

I like this particular install (click on the picture for details):

Old 09-04-2004, 09:18 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

You can find the bose enclosure on ebay frequently. I sold one there a month ago. I built a simular enclosure, but better for normal woofers. It is simular to the grey one above. It works very well. I have a second to sell. I dont know how or what you want to hook it up to, but its an enclosure that will fit the rear of a 996. and you could install the drivers you want. Contact me, okbarnett@tampabay.rr.com

Quick Reply: subwoofer OEM unit