Sponsored by:

New to Porsche & Need Dealer Rec in LA/SoCal area

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 07:07 PM
Zto997
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Porsche & Need Dealer Rec in LA/SoCal area

I've been looking into fulfilling my childhood dream and getting my very first Porsche. This is a great board for answering my questions, as I have been looking into getting the 997S (but am now getting a little scared, b/c of 1st-year issues, new technology, etc.). I still have so many questions, but hopefully I will get them answered soon with this board.

Any good dealers you've dealt with? I drove up to Thousand Oaks 3 weekends ago and talked to a very nice guy, Matt Barnes, but I wanted to get a couple of other names/dealers, as well as see if anybody had bought from him before.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:26 PM
CLL ACAB
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm guessing that you went to Rusnak. From a purchase standpoint, their prices seem high ($5K market adjustment on 997's). If you are serious about purchasing, one individual suggested this approach:

Download the order for so you know how you want the car. Fill in your options and fax it to the dealers in the area with a note that the best deal gets the order.

Other area dealers are: Auto Gallery, Beverly Hills Porsche, Downtown LA Porsche, and Cutter in Santa Barbara. Walt at Cutter and Robert at Auto Gallery are active PCA members so they might be good to deal with.

By the way, this saturday morning is the monthly Santa Barbara PCA breakfast at the Camarillo airport/Waypoint Cafe-9AM. Rumor has it that there will be a 997 there. Probably Walt from SB as he always comes to the breakfasts.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:03 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Downtown L.A. can be a good place to buy IF you know the right people and how to deal with them. I do know I bought their first 997S and the next two they have coming in are sold, but I'm sure more will be coming. I would be happy to introduce you and pave the way - PM me if interested. (Also their head mechanic is a super-pro who loves his work, has been there 25 years.)
Old 09-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Topless in Temecula
Racer

You might also try Chris Huck at Pioneer Centres in San Diego. Dan in service is great! Chris is active in PCA SD region and is nice guy who helped me with Boxster purchase afew years ago.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:15 AM
Dmitri
Instructor

This might seem counter-intuitive, but believe it or not, Beverly Hills Porsche is very aggressive in pricing. I bought an '03 996 coupe from them last April and got a nice price.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:54 PM
Lapis911
Intermediate

I got a great deal on my 996 at Pacific Porsche. They're great to deal with.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:03 AM
Stevo'99
Three Wheelin'

Rusnak is in Pasadena, not Thousand Oaks. But you are right, they're prices are a bit high. I used to live in that area near that dealership and that was our "local" dealer.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:09 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Rusnak is in Pasadena AND in Thousand Oaks (two stores)

Quick Reply: New to Porsche & Need Dealer Rec in LA/SoCal area