Sponsored by:

How Would You Handle This??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Jaws
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Would You Handle This??????

Well, I picked up my replacement 40th Anniversary car on Friday. After all of the water problems I had with the original car I was happy that Porsche stepped-up and replaced the car.

However, when I picked up the new car there were a number of problems:

- The Oil Pressure Guage was not working. I t would not move and claimed zero pressure. Dealer said do not worry about it, they will fix next week

- Allignment was off so that over 70 MPH there was a slight shimmy in the wheel, plus the steering wheel was not centered so that in order to go straight the wheel had to be turned 4 degrees to the right.

- The front chin spoiler had a few scratches on the underside.

- The PCM unit was fading in and out.

The dealer has the car again, but should I just demand my $$ back, as this is the 2nd car delivered to me with problems???
Old 08-30-2004, 02:09 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 230 Likes on 140 Posts

I'd just let them fix everything and enjoy the car!
Old 08-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 150 Posts

How many miles were on it when you received it? Was it previously abused?
Old 08-30-2004, 08:45 PM
RJMDAD996
Burning Brakes

Since most of the problem you described are minor, I would simply have them fix it.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:18 PM
vove
Burning Brakes

Seems like there are a bunch of minor problems. I wouldn't except anything less than perfect from a dealer.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:55 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. You should just let them fix the minor problems. The 40th Anniversary Edition is a great car.

However, I find it troublesome that you managed to get 2 defective cars out of 1,963 made -- what are the odds of that?! (Do you know how many units were actually sold in North America?) It is great that PCNA gave you a replacement car but for a limited production, anniversary edition I would have expected better quality control.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:59 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Minor problems, like small lies, can hide bigger problems. It seems silly to me that the dealer would even give you a car that has such obvious, and I do mean OBVIOUS, problems when your original car already had problems. I would have assumed they would go over the replacement car with a fine toothed comb before handing you the keys. It seems that they, dealer or PCNA, are trying to pacify you without a sincere attempt at rectifying the main problem. The maij problem being an unhappy customer.

I would demand my money back. Who knows what evil sleeps ready to rear it's ugly head in that car? With this experience with the dealership, I would not accept anything less than a full refund, then take my business elsewhere.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:17 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't understand how the dealer missed the deficiencies on your car except that they didn't inspect it or have a very short delivery inspection list. I would have them fix the car to your satisfaction. You still have the full Porsche warrantee. I have over 10,000 miles on mine and I truly enjoy driving it. The car was delivered with a burnt out Nav and stereo, which the dealer replaced. The battery had gone dead during transit and the system was fried when someone jump started the car. I had to live without a stereo for a few weeks so I listened to the wonderful engine. I hope it all works out for you as the car itself is a winner.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:16 AM
Elton in SoCal
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Without knowing more this is what I would do...

1) Check the build date. Is it an early 40th? If yes, why has it not been sold before.
2) Pay the $25 and run a CarFax. You will at least know for sure if the car has been titled before.
3) If you know someone in your service department, or another one for that matter, see if they can run a history of what has been done to the car since it left Stuttgart. I am not 100% sure but I think they can at least look on-line and see the history of the VIN.

All of your problems could be nothing. On the other hand, they could be indications of serious problems. Regardless, you deserve to be satisfied. Good luck.

Quick Reply: How Would You Handle This??????