Removing rear side panels

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 05:23 PM
daedney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing rear side panels

Does anyone have any instructions on how to remove the rear side panels? They seem to be attached pretty well. I don't want to just start pulling until something breaks.

Thanks-
Old 08-29-2004, 06:44 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

If you are referring to the interior rear panels, remove the three (IIRC) screws on the top 'cap' so to speak and pull forward. Make sure the forward vertical edge is free from the capturing trim. I had to pull harder than I thought was required and had the same question as you do now..

Seems as though they get settled into some of the glue used for insulation installation, plus they are wedged in there pretty good..

Hope this helps..
Old 08-29-2004, 09:26 PM
daedney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I'm referring to the interior rear panels on either side of the back seats. However, I don't see any screws (IIRC ??). I assume you need to take the peg that the rear seats latch onto off, but beyond that I'm at a loss. Particularly, I'm trying to get to the seat belt mechanism. It seems to be slow to retract and I think the belt is twisted. I'm also going to be reworking the sound system and may need to pull the panel to run some new wiring.

Thanks-
Old 08-29-2004, 09:42 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts

IIRC, The upper front seat belt attachments have to come off, and then the "B" pillar covers (start with the coat hooks). After that, you'll find screws over the caps of the "roses" that the front seat belts feed through.

Last edited by Patrick; 08-29-2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:21 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by chris walrod
If you are referring to the interior rear panels, remove the three (IIRC) screws on the top 'cap' so to speak and pull forward. Make sure the forward vertical edge is free from the capturing trim. I had to pull harder than I thought was required and had the same question as you do now..

Seems as though they get settled into some of the glue used for insulation installation, plus they are wedged in there pretty good..

Hope this helps..
I have to retract my reply...I foolishly thought we were speaking of a 993...my bad...boy do I feel like a dumbarsh...

Quick Reply: Removing rear side panels