996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Need names of Service Shops and Sound/Stereo Shops in Wash DC Metro Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 02:03 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 831 Likes on 458 Posts
Default Need names of Service Shops and Sound/Stereo Shops in Wash DC Metro Area

Hi. Am looking for alternatives to the local Porsche Dealers for certified porsche maintenance and service issues for my MY99 911 Carrera. Have recently returned to this area from overseas (thanks you Uncle Sam) and recently become a 911 owner. Any thoughts or references to area places or persons for servicing and also for stereo work? I am also looking to upgrade my factory stereo and add an amp or two and probably/possibly replace the factory speakers and drivers too. Any thoughts or referrals would be more than welcome.

Also Tischer Porsche quoted me a cost of $590 approx for the 15k servicing for my Carrerra....is that about right or should I definately shop around when that time comes for me to get it done in a few more thousand miles?

Thanks...
Old 08-24-2004, 05:20 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out Charlie at Intersport near HBL in VA. He is great. As far as the stereo work goes, check out Chuck at Myer-Emco at Baileys Crossroads in VA. He knows Porsches inside and out, and he does good work.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:08 PM
donaudio
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have several clients in the DC area. IF your interseted, you could check out our website, www.aidesign.com. If your looking for the best service, best fabrication, and the best equipment (in the motor or in the interior) you should check us out. It is a little bit of a trip, but is a nice drive.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:23 PM
washington951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try IMA motorsport in Vienna.
(703) 849-9590
2928C Prosperity Ave.
Fairfax VA 22031
Old 08-24-2004, 11:45 PM
KJinDC
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts

I second IMA! Ivan is a great guy and he runs a good shop. I also use TPC (www.turboperformance.com) for set-up on my track car (996).

-KJ
Old 08-25-2004, 01:26 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anybody have any experience (good or bad) with Curry's Auto Service? My buddies who own BMWs have recommended them. Now that my 996 cab is out of warranty I am looking for other shops. HBL has gotten a lot worse the past few times I brought my car in. Their service managers are nice guys but they always take the car and never get it finished on time -- always 3 days or more days late! I stopped by IMA in Vienna and talked to Ivan. He's a really nice guy and loves to talk about Porsches. I might take my car to IMA for upgrades/repairs and Curry's for routine service.

As far as audio installers, I am ordering the components from Car Audio Innovations and having Hurley's in Tysons install it. Hurley's say they do the instalations for HBL so they have a lot of experience with Porsches.

Cheers,

.:programmatore:.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:44 AM
Chronos
Advanced

I'm also looking for great local shops for standard servicing. I just picked up an extended warranty (4/48) as my original warranty expires at the end of the month. I recently had a great experience with Intersport but am also looking for recommendations in MD.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Brian Lopez
Instructor

I have used IMA and had a relatively good experience. I think Ivan is a pretty genuine guy, he runs a small shop and is definately dedicated to Porsches.

Innersport in Tysons also has a good rep. Stay away from HBL.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:54 PM
nova996
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Definitely stay away from HBL. I can't say I had a good experience at IMA, but they seem like nice enough guys.

I've had good experiences at Intersport, and I've been a happy customer of Currys for 5-6 years.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:11 PM
KJinDC
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts

Curry's is a good shop! They do a lot of the work on my Audi S4. If they were closer I'd go to them more often. There's a tech session this Saturday for an upcoming DE. If you're interested in checking them out and meeting other local P-car owners that would be a good opportunity.

Chronos,
TPC is in MD. It's inbetween DC and B-more although closer to B-more. They know 996s very, very well.

-KJ

Quick Reply: Need names of Service Shops and Sound/Stereo Shops in Wash DC Metro Area