27.7 to 7.6 to 27.7 MPG

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 09:39 PM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 27.7 to 7.6 to 27.7 MPG

Drove from Seattle to Portland to drive at PIR. On the drive down and back I got 27.7MPG! About 1MPG better than my 2000 Boxster S; that is a surprise! Speed was mostly 75MPH.

Got 7.6MPG at PIR and had a great time.

The Pirelli Corsa's stuck very nicely but were noisier than other R-Compound tires that I've used. I liked that since they communicate well.

RoW030 performed very nicely also.

What a great car!

Old 08-23-2004, 12:24 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Pete,

Those are nice shots! We some how managed to buy the same track wheels, but I've got PSC's on mine. Please tell use how the Corsa's hold up.

Got to watch that gas gauge! I almost ran out of gas at Buttonwillow
Old 08-23-2004, 10:53 AM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the highway I get good milage. At the track my fuel light comes on after 100 miles. Go figure???
Old 08-23-2004, 11:54 AM
pstoppani
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by earlyapex
Pete,

Those are nice shots! We some how managed to buy the same track wheels, but I've got PSC's on mine. Please tell use how the Corsa's hold up.

Got to watch that gas gauge! I almost ran out of gas at Buttonwillow

The wheels were a no-brainer for me; not much of a choice at TireRack so I picked the cheapest/simplest BBS wheels they had

How is Buttonwillow? I've been thinking of heading down in early Oct with Speedventures; it is about a 1000 mile drive for me
Old 08-23-2004, 12:07 PM
ryce
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wroas a great day at PIR. I was driving the silver 996 in the A group and didn't get a chance to say hi.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:43 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Those my exact thoughts regarding the BBS wheels. They're a great price for a quality forged wheel. Let us know how the Corsa's hold up.

Buttonwillow is a challenging track because their are so many turns. It take tough to remember them all and thus get the braking and turn-in points correct. I have also driven Laguna Seca and Thunderhill and I found Buttonwillow more technical and more difficult to learn. It's also the least favorite of the three tracks because I couldn't get a good rhythm. This may change as I get more experience on it. The area around the track is an arm pit and it gets very hot in August, getting better in September and probably tolerable by October. I'm not sure I would drive 1,000 miles to drive this track since when there are track days at Thunderhill, Laguna Seca, and Sears Point. You can't beat the price that Speedventures charges though. I'll be at Thunderhill on September 13 and 24. I plan to hit Laguna Seca November 30 and December 15. I can fill you in on the track dates of all of the Northern CA tracks if you want.

Quick Reply: 27.7 to 7.6 to 27.7 MPG