carfax help - my apologies to all

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 07:50 PM
huskydog
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carfax help - my apologies to all

My subscription expired 2 months ago, is anyone current that can help. Much appreciated. VIN WP0AA094XGN455538 Thanks in advance.

Last edited by huskydog; 08-17-2004 at 03:06 AM.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Morality of doing Carfax's for others aside, fact is the customer agreement one signs when they buy the service says they won't run it for others. So, if you have needs that Carfax doesn't address, contact them. If you can't or won't spend the $25 for the Carfax service, please don't use Rennlist to ask others to do something in violation of their agreement with Carfax.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:57 PM
huskydog
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Offended

You know I have been a Rennlist member for sevreal years now, and I refrain from all of the "politically correct crap" that people post, because I use this board like many others. I have helped and been helped by many people during the course of my membership and have enjoyed every minute until now. Not sure who you are "Viken", but if you are one of the hosts of this website then a private courteous message would have sufficed and I would have removed my request.

If you are just another member like me then I am offended at your reference to "can't or won't" spend the money to use Carfax and your reference that I would use Rennlist to do something immoral. I expect a public apology, since you were so quick to publically reprimand.

I respectfully "remove my request for Carfax help"
Old 08-16-2004, 10:47 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I think most are going to be on the side of Viken about this one.

Help and Theft are not synonymous
Old 08-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Good point LVDell. Maybe George should think about what he was asking before he asks Viken for a public apology. I don't think Viken has anything to apologize about, George should be the one apologizing.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:21 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by huskydog
You know I have been a Rennlist member for sevreal years now, and I refrain from all of the "politically correct crap" that people post, because I use this board like many others. I have helped and been helped by many people during the course of my membership and have enjoyed every minute until now. Not sure who you are "Viken", but if you are one of the hosts of this website then a private courteous message would have sufficed and I would have removed my request.

If you are just another member like me then I am offended at your reference to "can't or won't" spend the money to use Carfax and your reference that I would use Rennlist to do something immoral. I expect a public apology, since you were so quick to publically reprimand.
Hi George,

Let me introduce myself. I am one of the two moderators of this, and many other, forums. If you look at the bottom right corner of this page, you will see my name along with John D's. John is one of the Rennlist site owners and site administrators. I happen to be a forums administrator as well. I have posted this Carfax message dozens of times on several forums. It has never come across as an offending post until today. I am sorry it offended you as it was not meant to.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:58 AM
huskydog
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default My apology to all

My apologies to all. I was not aware of the Carfax policy.

Viken - very professional response, you have my apology and respect, thank you.

Quick Reply: carfax help - my apologies to all