996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Reprogramming Remote Keyless Entry Timing

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004 | 10:59 AM
AndyW
Instructor

Question Reprogramming Remote Keyless Entry Timing

On the 996. It seems like the current programming allows for you to not use the remote keyless entry for 7 days, before it 'disables' it use and forces you to actually USE the key. For anyone with the door plug, this becomes 'annoying' if you drive it less than once every 7 days or so. Is there a way to reprogram this ? When I brought mine into the local Porsche dealer, they said 'no'. I've decided to ask around in case there was a 'better' answer :-)

I drive the car at least once a week, but it seems to always be a day or so after the 'grace' period.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 08-06-2004 | 01:36 PM
threeOh
Advanced

Does it actually work? Twice I've left mine locked and unattended for over 7 days and the remote worked just fine when I got home.

I do keep the car on a battery tender but I doubt this would alter anything. Also my dealer (Champion) turns off anything they can turn off before the cars are delivered. Maybe this functionality can be defeated.
Old 08-06-2004 | 07:17 PM
AndyW
Instructor

Yes, it actually works. This has happened to me more than a handful of times. Sounds like it might be something that can be 'turned off'. I didn't think to ask the dealer THAT specifically... I asked if it could be programmed for a different # of days. hmmm......

Quick Reply: Reprogramming Remote Keyless Entry Timing