XM Radio Capability?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 01:28 AM
Firesong
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Radio Capability?

Hi everyone,

I just bought an '03 C4S and couldn't be happier. However, when I'm not listening to the beautiful music of the Porsche engine, I really miss my XM radio. Does anyone know if/how I could hook XM up to the 'Bose High End Sound Package' that came with my car? Supposedly the radio is digital...

I own a Delphi outboard unit, but would rather go with something intergrated and keep the Delphi in the living room.

Thank you,

Porsche Newbie Carrie
Old 07-25-2004, 05:14 PM
threeOh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its MOST (CDR23) you need to use a modulator. I had a mess of problems with an iPod install on a CDR23 which, to date, are not fully resolved. Limit your expectations and before you get too far, make sure the power supply for the XM does not pick up hum as there was so much EMI in my car we ended up leaving the iPod on battery (I don't think the XM has a battery). Even solving hum, my take is the bandwidth capability of the Becker's FM section is simply too limited to handle mp3 at 192kbps.

I'm fairly good at audio and a partner of a nationwide automobile audio components manufacturer threw in a lot of his time as well as his technical guys. Believe me, we completely replaced every component, rewired to shielded, changed approaches to ground planes, tried 2 GLI's, etc, etc, etc. Its either my particular 996 or keep your expectations low.

If you want more detail, email me.

Quick Reply: XM Radio Capability?