An afternoon at the track!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 12:09 AM
mim3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An afternoon at the track!

Hi Everyone,

Went out to the local track today to improve my driving skills. I was fortunate enough to have an experienced "track" guy with me to teach me the ropes. Oh boy was I slow at first, but with every session I did a little better. The best part is I now have a much better idea how my car handles. I would definitely recommend getting some track time with an instructor.

Oh yeah, my friend introduced me to another guy who was driving this amazing custom built race car. I have never seen anything like it. The car has a 1300cc Suzuki motorcycle engine with a 6 speed sequential gearbox and a passenger seat! All I can say is that I have never gone around corners so fast. This car was incredible. I read a post earlier this week discussing whether a pcar is a race car. After that ride I have to say that a pcar can become a race car, but off the showroom floor it is a high end sports car.

Here is a link to a few pics.
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mpj...bum?.dir=/986f
Old 07-16-2004, 12:15 AM
mim3
Instructor

Found a link to where the car came from.

http://www.extremesportscars.com/
Old 07-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Would you believe thiese cars are street legal in England?
Old 07-16-2004, 11:38 AM
fahren affair
Pro

radicals are quick indeed. i've been on-track at places like willow springs and laguna seca with the same run group driving radicals. they can pass a 996 at will anywhere on the track. they'll loose a drag race with a gt2 or hopped-up tt, but once they get to the twisty bits, they're gone!
Old 07-16-2004, 11:49 AM
mim3
Instructor

I can not find the words to describe how fast this thing could go around corners. We were braking at the last pole turning in and getting on the gas. With the gearing he was running he said the car would top out around 145mph (short gears). The fastest park of this track is around 110-115mph. Just amazing. Can't wait for the next ride and I have just about convinced my wife to jump in too.

Quick Reply: An afternoon at the track!