Sponsored by:

C-2 Fuse blows 2002 Targa

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2024, 02:05 PM
Petey3D
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C-2 Fuse blows 2002 Targa

Help please. My 2002 manual Targa has been down for 3 months. It started blowing the C 2 fuse when the key is turned on. This is the one that controls the O2 sensors and the Fuel Injectors. I have gone through all the wires looking for shorts and there are no visible shorts. If I remove the relay and put in the fuse nothing happens. I have unplugged the DME with a similar result of the fuse not blowing. it has changed a little in the last few days where now the fuse blows as soon as it is inserted, with the ignition off. I have replaced the relay with no effect. I am leaning on thinking that it may be the DME but that will be expensive to do. Before I do that, I want to test all of the wires in the engine bay. That will be a bit of work to test all of the injector wires. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?
Old 08-30-2024, 04:28 PM
jobyt
Pro

Received 308 Likes on 165 Posts

check the wires to the fuel pump under the battery tray. those can abrade away the sheathing and expose (and sometimes break) the copper wire...might be getting a short related to the fuel pump?