Sponsored by:

Rejex Warning

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 02:09 PM
houldsworth1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Rejex Warning

I love driving cars but hate cleaning them and, frankly, I don’t usually manage to do a good job of it. In fact it is shocking to me that I have cleaned this car twice already (once each weekend) but it needed it – I have been putting about 600 miles per week on it since I got it.

I read all the hype about Rejex and how a one-time application lasts a long time and makes future cleanings easier so I decided to give it a shot.

First off – excellent service. I placed the order Thursday afternoon, selected regular shipping and it was sitting on my doorstep by Saturday. In fact I had just washed the car when I found it sitting there so I decided to give it a shot straight away.

I covered the whole car in the stuff (including wheels and glass) and then buffed it off. I can’t say that I agree with their statement that it comes off much easier than regular waxes/polishes. In hindsight I should probably have done one panel at a time but, as I said, I am not very proficient at cleaning.

It was near dark by the time I finished so I put the car away and left it to cure the obligatory 12 hours.

The next morning I dragged the car out and was pretty happy with the nice shine and silky smooth surface. Then I noticed a couple of spots where I had not dried the car sufficiently and there were still some water spots (the worst ones are in the top center of the windscreen). “No problem” I said to myself – I’ll just clean those right off.

No way Jose! These spots are now underneath a slippery tough layer of Rejex and won’t move regardless of how much I rub. Bottom-line – make sure your car is TOTALLY clean before you put this stuff on!

Barry
Old 06-28-2004, 02:21 PM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

Didn't they say that dawn dishwashing detergent would do the trick? Or was that just to remove regular wax....
Old 06-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Try a water/alcohol solution to remove the Rejex in the spots you need to touch up. You will then have to reaply the Rejex to those areas.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:10 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 819 Likes on 265 Posts

well at least you know RejeX works...sorta
Old 06-28-2004, 04:20 PM
houldsworth1
Racer

Originally posted by Itzkirb
well at least you know RejeX works...sorta
Yup. Can't complain about the product - just the user
Old 06-28-2004, 04:43 PM
DonW-Cape Cod
R.I.P.
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Max, I noticed you commented on Rejex. Have you put it on your GT3 yet?
Old 06-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by DonW-Cape Cod
Max, I noticed you commented on Rejex. Have you put it on your GT3 yet?
Don, I just enjoy working the carnuba on the GT3 to much to make the switch. I might try the Rejex on the daily drivers since the synthetics last a lot longer and they do not get washed or detailed nearly as often.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:47 PM
996 AERO
Instructor

Used the stuff twice on my guards red 911 and I believe it really brings out the color in the car.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:35 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

i was running my porter cable tonight with some menzerna polish. i only did the horizontal surfaces. amazing what a diff. the rejex makes. when i went to rinse all the polish off the car, you could see a clear line where i had been polishing. the non polished, still covered in rejex beaded like crazy where water just sat on the freshly polished surface.

Quick Reply: Rejex Warning