996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

reason why we love our 996 builds, intro thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2024 | 06:34 PM
jconto97
7th Gear

Default reason why we love our 996 builds, intro thread

Hey guys, just wanted to meet some people, get a few posts under my belt and introduce my 996. I’m Jc, I bought my dream 2002 carrera 2 back in march, a little back story on the car, my dad picked me up early from school one Friday back in 2002 and told me we were going to get himself a birthday present, we end up walking out of the dealership with this 911. About a year later he took me with him on a weekend trip in the car, which at some point he was speeding (111mph) and I saw on the digital speedometer. Me as an eight year old, didn’t understand the consequences of if I spoke of this to my mother, I did, and of course she got upset like any mother would, and politely asked him to sell the car. He agreed and ended up selling the car to a family friend that daily drove it for the next 20 years…. Once I became of age to drive, I dreamt of the day that I’d be able to get my hands on that 911, I had tried to convince my dad to buy it back many times but he refused to drive a manual anymore because it bothered his hip. Life goes on, cars had come and gone, covid strikes, and takes my father at 60. Fast forward a few years, im engaged to get married, wedding planning, etc. and finally one of the days that I happen to drive by this family friends house, (after many years of me begging them to sell me the car) I catch the old man outside with his new car, apparently he had forgotten that I wanted the car as he had a buyer lined up. I explained how this was the most inopportune time for buy it since I was budgeting for a wedding in a month but my fiancé approved of the purchase since she knew how much the car meant to me and we finally work out a deal.. 2002 carrera with 124k miles, badly needing paintwork, a new interior and lots of other love. Here are a few pictures of the car from when I bought it. It appropriately has a vanity plate on it now, “111 911” . I’d love to hear from anyone else that has a sentimental Porsche or even a similar build that would like to just share. Cheers from Miami!

Quick Reply: reason why we love our 996 builds, intro thread