Sponsored by:

How to acknowledge warning light on dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2024, 10:51 PM
43rdworld
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How to acknowledge warning light on dash

I've put in a new battery, horn going off (need to pull fuse) - all I need to do is get a pic of the odometer for the Porsche insurance. But I have a warning light telling me I have low brake fluid. Since the car is on the lift and in all sorts of pieces, I don't care -- the car isn't going anywhere, I know exactly why the fluid is low and I just need to get the image by Wednesday to renew insurance. All my searching tells all about the lights - nothing about how to simply say 'OK'. Thanks.

Old 07-15-2024, 11:09 PM
wyowolf
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 43rdworld
I've put in a new battery, horn going off (need to pull fuse) - all I need to do is get a pic of the odometer for the Porsche insurance. But I have a warning light telling me I have low brake fluid. Since the car is on the lift and in all sorts of pieces, I don't care -- the car isn't going anywhere, I know exactly why the fluid is low and I just need to get the image by Wednesday to renew insurance. All my searching tells all about the lights - nothing about how to simply say 'OK'. Thanks.
at least on mine the lower left stalk will acknowledge msgs and such and let you cycle through temps/ MPG etc. I believe pull backward
Old 07-15-2024, 11:27 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,462 Likes on 1,823 Posts

Btw its not the normal horn....its the alarm horn thats going off. Renove the plastic panel that covers the brake master cly and u will see the speaker by the brake rod. Just pull the the wire off.

If u have a 4 stalk car just pull the lower left stalk to clear the alert.
Old 07-16-2024, 04:20 AM
parris
Pro

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by wyowolf
at least on mine the lower left stalk will acknowledge msgs and such and let you cycle through temps/ MPG etc. I believe pull backward
This
But I think that OK is pushing forward.
The following users liked this post:
cqhall (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 10:23 PM
43rdworld
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks - I got it done tonight. I have a two stalk and when I turned the key this time, the message was gone. I did pull the horn fuse so may have been why the message disappeared. As with many things on this car, I don't know - but it made it much nicer in the garage and got the pic I needed. Thanks for all the help.

Quick Reply: How to acknowledge warning light on dash