Sponsored by:

A/C problem goes to PCA...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 12:50 PM
mtksurfj
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C problem goes to PCA...

So my C4 is at the dealer for the 3rd time and they still haven't fixed my A/C problem. The A/C becomes intermittent and makes weird noises when the outside temp goes above 75 and it is unable to produce cold air when the outside temp goes above 80f.

The dealer has been very nice and helpful. It seems that they are trying hard to figure out what's wrong but either they can't replicate the symptoms or on the days when they can, they can't figure out what the problem is. They've had the car all week again and looks like I'll have to take it back. They will most likely ask me to come in again... it's very inconvienent for me but it's even more inconvient to sweat all over myself on the commute home!

So, I called PCA to see what they think. I spoke with the customer service person and they were very nice. They listened to my explanation and put me on hold for a bit and when they came back they told me they are going to escalate the problem to "corporate" becase it's "serious".

Some questions:

1) Is it a good idea to talk with PCA? Will my dealer get upset? I made sure to tell PCA that the dealer was very helpful and nice.

2) Are they blowing smoke up my a** with this "corporate" and "serious" stuff?

Thanks!

-Ross
Old 06-25-2004, 12:55 PM
mtksurfj
Rennlist Member

Just spoke with the dealer... they said it's too cool today to replicate the problem.
They also said that their PCA rep is visiting them on tuesday and they will talk to him... something about getting a special tech to come in and look at the car.

At least I get to drive it for the weekend!!

Any comments?
Old 06-25-2004, 02:46 PM
01 C4 Cab NYC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ross, that sux. Sorry to hear it. Where are you taking your car for service?
The dealer shouldn't be pissed about PCNA getting involved. You're not bad mouthing them afterall.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:24 PM
mtksurfj
Rennlist Member

i'm going to silverstar... just went there. they told me that I should just wait until it gets hotter... the A/C didn't work on the ride home... just warm air! pretty frustrating.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:55 AM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Florida has a LEMON law. If you take a car in 3 times for the same problem, and they cant fix it, they have to give you a new one.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

On my TT, I had sound that sounded like a Tornado siren that started when I turned my car off and faded out for about 3 to 5 seconds after I turned the car off. Mine also did it intermittenly and not when it was at the dealer. I was told that is was a pressure release valve or something and that there was TSB on it. Mine got fixed. If that sounds like your problem, I will be happy to ask my service manager what it was and what they did to fix it for you.

My part was "Expansion valve" part number 996 573 929 01 and a few O Rings 99 707 250 40, 99 707 252 40, and 99 707 262 40.

Quick Reply: A/C problem goes to PCA...