Sponsored by:

Track oil consumption normal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 11:18 AM
Vect
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JP_Gervs
Incredibly informative thread that’s not 100+ pages long (yet), therefore nice and easy to read and comprehend. Thankful for all you RL’ers that put in the time to educate the rest of us.

I also vote for prepping your C2 over going to a TT. (Like you’re not going to mod the turbo anyway? Lol)

NB + NA + RWD =

Thanks ! I allready have a GT2 in the making, will get it back in the next couple of weeks. As I have 2 996 2 Carreras, it simply occurred to me why not to consolidate upwards and call it a day. Then I simply don’t need to bother with the research as I will have a dry sump.

Old 04-19-2024, 11:40 AM
GC996
Rennlist Member

Received 3,516 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Sure. There are lots of ways to spend money on cars.

Whatever you do going forward, make sure you take the time to understand the issues, solutions and costs associated with the next car you buy, so you arent suprised. Doesn't matter which one, they all have them and they all cost money. Some substantially more than the others. Especially if you are tracking the car.

On the grand scheme of Porsche costs and performance, the M96 powered 996 is the hidden gem. It's inexpensive to buy, easy to address the issues with preventative solutions, and the handling and analog feel is an incredible experience to drive on the street and track.

But pound per pound, it's the best deal in the Porsche world. Doubt the prices will stay this low for long.

Quick Reply: Track oil consumption normal?