Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Heated Sports Seat Deletion - Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2024, 04:20 PM
Wennypies
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Heated Sports Seat Deletion - Please Help!

Hi folks,

My 2001 996.1 Carrera should have originally had heated seats, but it currently doesn’t. My guess is that the heated seat system failed at some stage and a previous owner chose to delete rather than fix.

I’m currently restoring the car and I’m trying to understand what has previously been done so that I can reinstall the factory system.

Before I go and take the whole seat apart, I would appreciate some help answering some questions/validating some of my hypotheses. I’ve tried looking for relevant threads, but struggled to find anything with the same spec seats as mine, and given mine have probably been modified I thought it best to post pics.

- On the seat side of the connector, there is only a red and brown wire. Should there be more?

- On the car side, there is a connector with two brown wires which is taped to itself near the grounding point. Is this related to the original heated seat system?

- I can’t find the original heater relay. Where should this be on these seats?

- the original wiring for the switches is not apparent behind the batwing - where would this spur off from the main loom? I’m assuming this is where it’s been terminated.

Thanks!

Old 04-06-2024, 07:10 PM
996-CAB
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 165 Posts

i can help with some of this and will do so Monday.

Quick Reply: Heated Sports Seat Deletion - Please Help!