Sponsored by:

FS: OEM IVM 997GT3 Clubsport roll bar rear section

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2023, 03:47 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,097 Posts
Default FS: OEM IVM 997GT3 Clubsport roll bar rear section

FOR SALE; OEM IVM Clubsport 997GT3 roll bar (997.580.986.02)

This is unquestionably the best bolt in half roll bar you can put in 996/997 chassis cars. The main hoop bolts to steel "weld or bond in" plates in the floor and the rear section bolts directly to the rear strut towers. The front plates can be either welded to the floor board or panel bonded using 3M automotive adhesive. They simply function to strengthen the floor which is very thin otherwise. The actual mounting plates with the studs which bolt to the roll bar legs are installed from underneath the vehicle with the floor board and the steel doublers "sandwiched" in between. You can see the motorsport doublers and the mounting plates in the picture below. This is the only way you can get any meaningful rollover protection and increased chassis rigidity. Any roll bar which bolts to the existing seatbelt bolt receivers is utterly useless from a safety perspective and a waste of money. These type of bars are nothing more than harness bars made to look like a roll bar. This 997 GT3 Clubsport bar also incorporates the later FIA mandate of the shoulder harnesses attaching to the rear section of the bar thereby increasing the length of the shoulder straps thus giving more "give" in a frontal impact reducing stress on the upper torso/neck. All the 997 and later Motorsport bars conform to this.

The bar below is finished in matte black and in perfect condition. It is probably the lightest legitimate roll bar out there weighing only 39.4 lbs. All installation hardware is included. If you want to maintain your car's originality using only OEM parts to preserve or enhance future value, these bars are the way to go. These are NLA.

$5500 plus shipping. Payment via bank wire or Paypal friends/family for established Rennlisters.

Last edited by powdrhound; 12-28-2023 at 03:28 AM.
Old 12-26-2023, 04:14 PM
Elliotw44
Rennlist Member

Received 1,007 Likes on 418 Posts

Can you link/source the FIA recommendation about longer shoulder straps? All I've know is the Schroth Racing suggestions for no more then 8 inches to the bar. which is opposite the FIA recommendation you are siting. See: https://www.schrothracing.com/post/s...tion-checklist When I look on the FIA recommendations here: https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...tion_specs.pdf it doesn't specify a length requirement/recommendation. Maybe I am looking at the incorrect document.
Old 12-26-2023, 05:01 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Elliotw44
Can you link/source the FIA recommendation about longer shoulder straps? All I've know is the Schroth Racing suggestions for no more then 8 inches to the bar. which is opposite the FIA recommendation you are siting. See: https://www.schrothracing.com/post/s...tion-checklist When I look on the FIA recommendations here: https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...tion_specs.pdf it doesn't specify a length requirement/recommendation. Maybe I am looking at the incorrect document.
I'll try to find it. I had the documentation years ago but don't know if I still do. That's how it was explained to me as all the Porsche roll bars in all Cup cars post the 996 era had the shoulder harness attachment moved to the rear to give the shoulder harnesses more length and thus more "stretch" in a frontal collision.
The following users liked this post:
Elliotw44 (12-26-2023)
Old 12-27-2023, 12:06 AM
Elliotw44
Rennlist Member

Received 1,007 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound
I'll try to find it. I had the documentation years ago but don't know if I still do. That's how it was explained to me as all the Porsche roll bars in all Cup cars post the 996 era had the shoulder harness attachment moved to the rear to give the shoulder harnesses more length and thus more "stretch" in a frontal collision.
Thanks. I've had it explained to me in the opposite way that less "stretch" is safer. Sorry for splitting hairs. I agree that a bolt-in roll bar is better and far safer than anything that attaches to the seatbelt mounts. One of the reasons I went with my CMS rollbar is this exact point. I may have gotten this if I had known you had this. I prefer the further back harness bar as it leaves room for more luggage, etc.

Last edited by Elliotw44; 12-27-2023 at 02:28 AM.
Old 12-27-2023, 03:09 AM
changster123
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

Someone should definitely buy this.

Old 12-27-2023, 10:56 AM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Elliotw44
Thanks. I've had it explained to me in the opposite way that less "stretch" is safer. Sorry for splitting hairs. I agree that a bolt-in roll bar is better and far safer than anything that attaches to the seatbelt mounts. One of the reasons I went with my CMS rollbar is this exact point. I may have gotten this if I had known you had this. I prefer the further back harness bar as it leaves room for more luggage, etc.
More stretch will impart less G-loading on the head area (deceleration over a slightly longer distance = less peak load). That is the idea here. All Cup cars starting with the 997 switched to the aft mounted shoulder harness attachment point. That continues with the 991 and 992. Perhaps contact the FIA and they may be able to supply the documentation you seek.

Last edited by powdrhound; 12-27-2023 at 11:00 AM.

Quick Reply: FS: OEM IVM 997GT3 Clubsport roll bar rear section