speedlingerie or Clear Bra?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Orient Express
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by StoogeMoe
Only girls wear bras
But women who did not wear bras as girls look like they have saddle sacks for breasts after a few years.

While braless Porsches don't have to worry about the saddle sack look, they will have the salt & pepper look with no covering and the "distinguished hazy grey outline" look with film in no time at all.

Old 06-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by FXHottie
Ghost, was the InvinciShield damaged when that pickup truck backed into the front of your Boxster?

I'm guessing that maybe you've had to replace a piece more than once. I suppose you can't reasonably expect plastic film to prevent accident damage, but wouldn't that be nice?
I was only counting current cars. The C4S has had 1 piece replaced due to the damage from the track incident. Yes, the former Boxster S had the entire front bumper replaced and the new GT3 nose received Invinca-shield from Alan after the replacement, but again that was a former car. That was also a complete bumper replacement, not replacing a piece of film.

As far as protecting from a wreck, our friends RX330 that was driven through the garage wall and into the kitchen suffered only minimal damage from the 2x4's, etc. I'm not sure but I think the front bumper is going to be replaced.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:25 PM
FXHottie
Intermediate

Sorry Ghost, I thought you were talking about your last 7 cars, not the FX!
Old 06-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Let me repeat, including all former and current cars, I've only had 1 piece replaced on a car from road/debris damage. I have had an entire bumper replaced which had invinca-shield on it and the new front bumper received invinca-shield, but I don't count that as a replacement. I did replace one other piece on the old Spyder but that was because of my botched install, not due to any damage.

Let's sum up so that you feel better that I am entirely 100% accurate.

1 piece replaced on C4S due to damage on track
1 complete bumper replaced with different bumper and new install of invincashield on Boxster S
1 piece replaced on Spyder due to botched install

If that isn't 100% accurate enough for you then I must have forgotten something and I'm truly sorry that the universe isn't in proper order...
Old 06-18-2004, 04:04 PM
Garveyb
Intermediate

Just had the Clear Bra put on. Joe over at AF in Greenwich, CT (Armour Glove). Looks great, will post some pics but the dig camera is broken so I had to take old fashion 35mm shots, I'll have a Pic CD made by mid week.

I had the hood, nose, chin, rockers,mirrors, wheel wells, lights and he even did a spot where shoes scuf up the plastic when exiting the car and a small piece on the back corner of the passenger side painted seat back where the boys climb in and out. He told me to wait two days to wash and Rejex. Thanks for all the advice.
Garv

Quick Reply: speedlingerie or Clear Bra?