996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

OT: That Ford GT is Sharp!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004 | 10:55 PM
SYMA
Pro

Default OT: That Ford GT is Sharp!

Saw one a few weeks ago heading in the opposite direction and I just went to Fords website. WOW!! it is hot.

What do all of you think

And if I posted this in the wrong place please be kind and let me know where to post OT threads for the future. Thanks
Old 05-31-2004 | 12:07 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yep, it's HOT. However, my first couple crap **** experiences with the Ford service dept on my 04 F150, make me absolutely certain I would NEVER want to have a car like this service by clowns like that! There was grease all over the leather interior, took much longer than promised, "can't duplicate"/"we never heard of that" (on things commonly experienced as per the net on this vehicle for which 800k of them have already been sold!), and on and on. I will never buy another Ford product again, and I was seriously considering (before) picking one of the GTs up after they sell off.
Old 05-31-2004 | 12:30 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

I would hope that they don't have your average joe mechanic or the truck wrenches working on GTs.
Old 05-31-2004 | 12:37 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

"I would hope that they don't have your average joe mechanic or the truck wrenches working on GTs."

who else do they have? the truck stickered out as high as anything else ford presently sells. i don't know who better they have. it's pretty doubtful they'll be uphiring just for the GT.
Old 05-31-2004 | 12:50 AM
SYMA
Pro

What they might want to do is have say 6 techs for GT's that travel the country and you book an appointment at your Ford dealer and your dealer contacts these special GT techs to come by your dealer and perform the work there. That would work I think.

But I sure wouldn't want the mechanic who specializes in Ford Focus A/C to replace a RMS in my GT
Old 05-31-2004 | 12:59 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Yeah, it only seems logically that individual will have to be specially trained to work on the GTs. I don't like anything American either, but my buddy has a F 250 crew cab King Rach with the power stroke and he gets very good service as he has unfortunately had a few issues with the engine. They put him in another King Ranch or whatever those ghastly things are and treat him right. At least he gets a like kind loaner. I currently have a Boxter as a loaner for my TT.
Old 05-31-2004 | 01:12 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

loaner? i bought a fully loaded new F150 lariat, super crew, 4X4 from them less than 4 months ago, and get no loaner.
Old 05-31-2004 | 01:56 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

His was super crew. Don't know my trucks very well. He had the baseball glove interior and etc. They must not like you. JK.
Old 05-31-2004 | 10:00 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

"They must not like you. JK"

LOL, that may be it :-) I actually chose this Ford dealership 100% based on the service I received from it's sister Nissan dealership when I had that truck. Their service was much better than BMW (which isn't saying much) and better than even Porsche which has been pretty good.

Quick Reply: OT: That Ford GT is Sharp!