Cable car diagnostic software

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2023, 10:31 PM
zerotact
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cable car diagnostic software

Hello,
I have an early 3/98 build cable car… I need to reset an airbag light and calibrate my top..

durametric seems to be very buggy on early builds and the support I’ve gotten hasn’t been the best…

I’ve seen what looks like grey market ( I’m being nice ) piwis setups but wasnt sure if they really worked, or if I’d need codes that ill
never be able to get..

please give advice that’s truely helpful like links to actual products etc and not generalized opinions … I need to get things tidy before winter
Old 09-18-2023, 02:25 AM
pdxmotorhead
Three Wheelin'

Received 395 Likes on 293 Posts

One thing I've noticed on my Durametric, maybe just me, but when the software starts, its got a selection screen to select all the modules in the car,

I noticed if I don't go through every time it starts and select some of the modules which are not auto selected some tests can get flaky.. Especially if I skip the Cluster module.
Old 09-18-2023, 07:10 PM
zerotact
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead
One thing I've noticed on my Durametric, maybe just me, but when the software starts, its got a selection screen to select all the modules in the car,

I noticed if I don't go through every time it starts and select some of the modules which are not auto selected some tests can get flaky.. Especially if I skip the Cluster module.
do you have an early build ?
Old 09-19-2023, 08:32 PM
pdxmotorhead
Three Wheelin'

Received 395 Likes on 293 Posts

Mines a 996.2 (2003 Cab c4) but just through that in because it causes some oddball side effects and I"m assuming the durametric does the scan based on modules..
Mine lists the ones for a early car. I'm taking a leap and guessing that the interface of the Durametric with its known issues with early cars it might be extra sensitive to getting the pre-scan right.
Just hoping it helped if your trying to test functions.. Good luck.. !
Old 09-20-2023, 01:03 AM
zerotact
Intermediate

I have uncovered threads talking about not connecting , and other weird glitches and they seem to point towards early builds. It also may be true that the earlier generation durametric cable and software worked, and the newer version did not, resulting in being supplied with some kind of custom hybrid cable. The bottom line is I dont want to deal with the hassle and will pay for a setup that I know works, leading me into the PIWIS clones wanting to know what works and /or if there is anything else out there for purchase. At this point its money lost based on time to not have what I know works.
Old 04-29-2024, 05:30 PM
zerotact
Intermediate

Default Update : Durametric fixed !!!!

I picked up on this again and in a nice way got durametric to look my cable…. They initially said it tested good, but when I pressed them, a higher up said, the wiring on a ‘99 with cruise control is a unique one off situation …. They then said it should be corrected on all new cables…. They did what ever they had to do and now….

IT works , my early build C2 talks to my durametric …I can talk to all the modules now… even the ones on the K-Line..

So yes, if you have one of these cars there is a valid reason we struggle to diagnose things
The following users liked this post:
Patunia (04-29-2024)

Quick Reply: Cable car diagnostic software