Sponsored by:

xenons and slight smell

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 10:29 AM
equ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xenons and slight smell

So I did it! I got the '01 C2 Lapis blue/sav beige (PSM, aerokit) that I wrote about a couple of days ago.

The pick up was exciting. The previous owner washed his car one last time as a true gentleman would. Right as I pulled out, one of the worst thunderstorms I've been in opened up on eastern pennsylvania. Couldn't find or see many controls, headed in the wrong direction on the highway, making my 90mile trip home 130miles (in that weather) etc. etc. I was so nervous I had to put the temp down to 66 (normally like 72).

Anyway, the car is fantastic. Just a couple of niggles:

1. It has litronics as I can see them leveling. Does this mean they are also HID/xenon? If so, they are not nearly as bright as my Audi's. They're certainly adequate, but I was just wondering if this was normal.

2. After a half hour of hardish driving (remember I'm a newbie, so maybe a couple of acceleration runs to 60mph (8/10), but not so hard turns (4/10)), I notice the back of the car smells a bit from the outside (something between burnt rubber and hot oil). I noticed this in the test drive and the owner said it's likely the tires (even though I didn't light them up). Is this also normal?

3. Any ideas for shops for careful tint removal in the NYC/NJ area?

Thanks to all,

Equ
Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Jan_M
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new car.

1. Have not got any Audi, Others can chime in. Litronics are a VAST improvement over standard lights on 911. Are you comparing lighting at night or just what you can see during daylight?

2. Yeah, they smell all the mentionned after a drive, air and water cooled.

3. no clue.

Jan
Old 05-27-2004, 10:53 AM
equ
Racer

Well, they were *ok* at night, not that great in the thunderstorm but perhaps that was just the weather. The audi xenons light up the road like daylight compared to regular headlights.

I should add that I had less problems with the high beams.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:13 AM
rdsii
Intermediate

I have a A6 and the pattern seems to cover more area but not as bright. I also think the porsche light are more blue than the A6. You can adjust the height as well as left and right on the porsche. I think my porsche is not adjusted right.

I came from a 94 porsche and that made oil smell but had no leaks. dont worry about it..

Nice Car enjoy

Quick Reply: xenons and slight smell