Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Question for those who have retrofitted projectors to halogen headlights..

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2023, 04:58 AM
bebbetufs
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Question for those who have retrofitted projectors to halogen headlights..

If you have an old/damaged reflector lying about, coutd you check to see if the shader/blinder surrounding the dipped beam/upper bulb is removable?

I'm struggling to convert my headlights from USA spec to EU spec as they did not pass inspection.
I found a source for new inner lenses and changed it in the hopes it would change the beam pattern sufficiently to meet ECE specs. It made the lights much brighter but the pattern is sill off.
I know for a fact the USA and ROW reflectors are the same (same part number) hence I need to change the shader/bllinder tube to complete the conversion. The price for second hand lights is ridiculous over here. I,m hoping to find a way to cut costs.

For future reference:
The only difference I have found in the halogen headlights from EU (probably ROW) and the US are:
1. Different shader/blinder/shroud around dipped beam bulb.
2. Different internal lens. (EU lens is available as an aftermarket part).
3. The USA version sometimes has an adjustment indicator blade poking through the inner lens. This has been removed on later lamps and can simply be removed when fitting the EU lens. It serves no purpose other than making adjustments a bit quicker.

Quick Reply: Question for those who have retrofitted projectors to halogen headlights..