996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Question, Fuel Injector replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 06:42 PM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Received 414 Likes on 268 Posts

As stated above, make sure you lube the gaskets. That’s a crucial step in ensuring ease of reassembly as well as ensuring that you don’t cut/nick them. I used Molykote 111 when I did mine.
Old 05-07-2024, 09:33 PM
c didy
Three Wheelin'

Received 243 Likes on 172 Posts

I used white lithium grease and it seemed to work pretty well when I test fitted them. Just a light coat. You can pretty much see the hole for the closest injector, number one, and get that one but then the rest are strictly by feel.

It's actually not even that easy to get all three injectors, clips, and connectors in place with the fuel rail free because the forward ones are still pretty deep in the engine bay as you are trying to get them together.

I loosened the passenger side bolts and popped the rail loose. All I can say to anyone doing this in the future that it seems like they're not going to come out. Maybe wiggle a bit. I did that and then let them sit for a little while and then they came out. Probably a matter of getting the o-rings a little exercise and flexibility. With the engine on a stand it would be so much easier to get a proper angle on it.

The following users liked this post:
ivansskoro (05-08-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 11:14 AM
Outatimemk
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Any chance that removing the bumper, mufflers, and reaching up via the wheel well gets you out of lowering the engine?
Old 06-06-2024, 11:16 AM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Received 414 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Outatimemk
Any chance that removing the bumper, mufflers, and reaching up via the wheel well gets you out of lowering the engine?
I don’t think so. And after having lowered my engine a few times over the years, what you’re suggesting sounds way more involved and laborious.
The following users liked this post:
JohnCA58 (06-06-2024)

Quick Reply: Question, Fuel Injector replacement